Rule changes and unfortunate partings

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by JudgeDeath, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One thing I don't get is why people have multiple accounts on the same server instead on different servers
    That's the issue in my opinion
    Technically this account was my VS alt, where my main was a BR56 TR on Ceres (ive also got an NC alt on Woodman but it didnt really captivate me)
    Lately I've enjoyed playing with Trident so much that I switched my main from TR to VS, which isnt a problem since they are on different servers

2. Server merges, friends and other stuff have for me caused 2 of my alts to be on Cobalt.

3. This has been said a million times and this is the last time i say it. A bunch of us left because we were not allowed to play with other outfits on the same server ( council decision that i respect ) ,due to us flying a lot we have made friends with a lot of flyers on the NC and TR and sometimes we just want to play with them ( or they with us ) , sit on TS,talk to each other,fool around,and ofc kill people. I am not a meta game fan as i do not think that a FPS game can have a meta game.. I dont think that i am obligated to stick with one faction ( although my allegiance will always lie with the latexlovers ) ,some may consider me a 4th factioner,and honestly,idc what they think. When indar will be in danger of getting capped by the smurfs or comunists or WE are losing considerably in an alert i will play for vanu but i want my freedom to switch to my TR account and play with the friends i made in MOSY. And again,as i said in mumble ( we discussed everything and we still love eachother <3 ) , i did not choose anyone over anyone! I will still join your platoons and help you out as much as i can ( trident is the reason i stuck with this game,i have made more friends here than i could have ever imagined) but i will also play as your enemy and i will not show mercy and neither do i expect any mercy :)
    Sry for the long post,i hope this clarifies things a bit for those who werent on mumble yesterday. Cya on the battlefield. XOXO Argonaut
    PS. Angeh,you shredder is warmed up and rdy for use ;)

4. Ah, forgot about the merge, i made my alts after it
    i suppose it does make matters awkward

5. What is the reasoning for as harsh rulling? To prevent faction hopping and drain of valuable player? to prevent information leaks? I'm sort of lost on why would it even matter if it's the latter one.

I've had a couple of TRID/FOOL members play either with me or within the Jesters platoon structure a couple of times. I consider it as a non problem even if they were on their own mumble at the same time. If our platoon is running well then there is no amount of comms you can compromise that will save you. Only give us a good fight to every place we go. If we're making a push within such platoon it's 15sec delay before everyone gets into "sacrifice for a cause" mode which after leaking the info and relaying it to your own platoon result in us already being half way or on our platoon objective with 3 squads.

Would be like that song "Everywhere you go, always take the Trident with you."

Regarding making alts on Cobalt. Had a VS one on a Yank server but deleted it and made on here. My TR one is also here. I'm one of those people that enjoy seeing how we fight from receiving end of it or how our foes fight and organize their platoons from within said platoons. I also like talking to people about issues in the game and try to maintain a level head regarding what is out of balance on all factions instead of crying over OP'ness without testing it first in combat and within a team structure.

6. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Donator

Thank you argonaut666 for clearing the situation...

This is first time I simply can't understand why this rule had to make... due that rule we're not anymore so casual outfit.(when outfit starts to rule how to play)...

We should have vote of this with sergeants and higher. on the forums.

same situation when politics decided that finland needs to join euro

7. angeh

angeh Donator

it was debated for a long time by the council, the opinions of a lot of tc/sargeants were heard and taken into account at the council meetings so the council knew what people thought.

8. angeh

angeh Donator

also just a reminder dont.turn.this thread into a debate :). if anyone wants the full facts pleasd pm/ hop on.mumble.

9. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant Donator

PM me the facts?

10. It's fairly closed economy.

After fall of the SU the situation shifted heavily resulting in loss of ties and stability that was build over decades. If the SU was still up and running chances are that joining the EU wouldn't be necessary as the export traffic would be large and joining EU could jepordize the neutrality, ties and access to the soviet inner market. A position Finland had almost a monopoly on because of a very superb political show by the country's leadership.

With the volitility of the market and uncertainty in the modern Russia. Especially with the "Лихие(turbulent) 90's" it might not be such a bad decision in retrospect. As it stands now it's hard to argue against the EU. There are issues but also benefits and it could have been worse for Finland not to be in EU.

The only thing that needs to be avoided like the plague is the NATO. Which has all the drawbacks with non of the benefits.

11. angeh

angeh Donator

im at work, ill pm you them all when imhome - phone inet sucks :D. hop.on mumble later n.ill tell.u or someone else will.

12. angeh

angeh Donator

and.its not half the outfit leaving either :)

13. angeh

angeh Donator

oh and arg ill hold you to that shredder infact ive booked your lib for the whole next double xp weekend :D

14. angeh

angeh Donator

would.like to say a massive respect to the guys who left you are my friends and I.shall miss being in the same outfit as you guys but we are still.going.to.be in the same squads :)

15. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant Donator

*half of regulars*

16. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Playing with a platoon is not the problem. They simply cannot join an outfit or use that outfit's member only utilities (e.g. TeamSpeak, etc). People are still free to play by themselves or within a public platoon on the other side (though we do discourage it).

These rules were put in place to stop 4th factioning and to try to keep people loyal to Vanu. In TRID we feel that in an MMO players should be loyal to one faction and stick with that faction for the most part. We want our members to take pride in the Vanu faction and have a certain amount of "rivalry" towards the TR and NC. That is not possible if you are playing different sides on the same server.

We would've put these rules in at the beginning except that at first SOE did not allow people to create more than one character on the same server, and when they changed it we did not realise people would actually think about doing it. Either way, we are resolving this now by adding these rules and if people disagree with them, they are free to leave and we fully respect their honesty and integrity in doing so.

Finally, yes a few people did leave, but it is not half of the regulars. We have over 1500 players, 7 is not that big of a deal to lose. Most of them no longer lead platoons anyway due to boredom so we will still have the same PLs ingame, don't worry. Everyone can relax and get back to the game, and it would be refreshing if people could stop stirring up drama. :)

If you wish to continue discussing this, feel free to do so, but I expect mature discussion. If this topic turns into back and forth people creating drama I will be forced to lock it.

Thanks,
    JackJack

Edit: I saw someone say that we are making rules about how people play. We have done that for a long time, hence why there are 5 other clauses in the rules. If you want anarchy, please start your own outfit. We are a military organisation and whilst we do take feedback from Sergeants+, in the end the Council makes the final decision and we will stand by it.

17. Pei Pei will make you feel rivalry to us regardless if you've played on our platoon or not. Don't think you need to worry about that.

But to deny astablished members the right to hop on to another faction and enjoy the level of teamplay their organized platoons have to offer while letting them play in pub platoons(lol) seems like a bit of a sketchy move. People need a bit of a break from their faction or outfit to avoid feeling burned out on Planetside. Some people play other games, other people play for the enemies. I do not see how rivalry effects individual/squad/platoon combat potential. At the end of the day you'll need to take objective and you'll crush and destroy people regardless if you're friends with them with no hard feelings to be had.

Jesters beloved hobby is killing choon2. We throw more than half of platoon to take out his ESF or Tank every time we meet him. We're on pretty good terms with him as an outfit and he's played on NC and been on our TS few times. The joy of killing him is as fresh even now as the first time we did it.

I can see the reasoning for the decision you made so but it's hardly good one at that.

18. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

People can always play other sides, just on different servers. There's no reason to play TR/NC on Cobalt when there's Ceres, Woodman, Miller, etc. Thank you for the input, but this is an internal decision.

19. No problem, internal issue indeed.

Just thought i had a bit of leeway to get a sense on why this was implemented and if the trident regulars in general had an issue with cross faction playing on the same server. I've played with you guys and some of your guys have played with me/us so it's surprising to see a casual outfit implement draconian rule that has no benefits at all but quite a few drawbacks(from my perspective).

I love drama and a bit of arguing from time to time. That could be one of the reasons i'm attracted to the QQ happening right now.

20. angeh

angeh Donator

its not unreasonable to expect people to be in only one outfit, they are free to play with their friends in other outfits as long as they arent in a platoon n voice comms with another oufit. theres plenty of other servers to.create chars in.and be in outfits on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice