Rule changes and unfortunate partings

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by JudgeDeath, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath Founder (Ex-Councillor)
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  08/12/2012
    Characters:  JudgeDeath
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  03/04/2020
    Characters:  TRID_Judgedeath
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff)

Howdy

We wish good luck to the people who decided to keep playing on other faction outfits.

Due to the fact the old thread got outdated by the mumble talks and messy nature of the thread, I will remove it. Let's keep it civil and nice as things have been discussed over voice-comms far better then they could have ever been on forums.

Trident and I thank you for the time spent together. We allso appreciate your honesty regarding the changed rules and the fight against 4th faction behaviour including issues that would be created from it.

-JudgeDeath

2. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)

I just want to say that I really like the way the council handled it, by having that kind of meeting on mumble and letting everyone talk about it, I wasn't there but from what I've heard I think it was really well done.

3. itzFenrir

itzFenrir Private
    Other Games

So is it over? Did everything get settled?

4. As far as I know quite a few people are still leaving, and quite a few more are on the fence about it.

5. Wow, that's a big, big fail.

What mumble discussion?

You've just shut down my voice, as I knew nothing about the mumble discussion. You censored valid views and discussion on an arbitrary decision by outfit command. Like I said, error compounding error.

Deleting the thread changes nothing. You have prioritised faction over friendship. In an organization trying to expand its interests and activities this was just plain stupid. That you are so willing to just delete views that you do not care for says far more about the outfit than all the sweetness and light you care to shovel.

6. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Sorry man, but you can hear about it from other people who were there, we can't ensure that everyone is there for the discussion.

7. Everything is as good as it could be considering the situation :) See you all on the battlefield,i will be probably somewhere high above cruising over your heads :D :*

8. Spithaz

Spithaz Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  20/12/2012
    Characters:  Spithas
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  18/11/2013
    Characters:  Spithaz
    Other Games

I've made a post on the old thread for people to read, not to get deleted...

9. Let me traslate that for you:
    Fuck you jaf, in spite of the fact that you were discussing it only moments ago your opinion means fuck all to us.

That about right there, Jack?

10. itzFenrir

itzFenrir Private

If that's the case, so be it. Regarding the topic, it was an issue of a certain group players who felt they had been mistreated. If I see Judge's post, I can assume that case has been dealt with. If anyone else still feels the need to discuss things regarding this topic, I advice them to go to Mumble and/or send a PM to the Council members.

Case closed, for my part.

11. Um, what are these forums for then?
    What's the drive to get people using them?

12. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Calm down unless you want a warning, I didn't delete the topic but I support it because it was turning into a flame war and had differing council opinions instead of the official opinion which we expressed on Mumble a few minutes ago, I'm sorry you weren't there for it, we only intentionally invited those who had been playing with MOSY. Others who were online on Mumble at the same time were invited just because they were already there. Sorry you were left out mate.

13. itzFenrir

itzFenrir Private

Look man, the thread before was about people feeling that they had been mistreated regarding the new rule, not to have a general discussion about whether the rule is correct or not. If you feel the need to raise your voice any further about this matter please send a PM to the Council members.

14. Nah, warn me all you like. The turns you guys have been taking are for the worse.
    Farewell.

15. itzFenrir

itzFenrir Private

I'm sorry you feel this way. See you on the battlefield.

16. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Donator

See yah.

17. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

whatthe hell? I was out 1 weekend, 1! and half of trident has been quitted... can some one PM me what happened last weekend?

18. The council put the new rule in action and several people here in Trident were not happy about it.
    It made people feel like the outfit is not casual anymore, and made people leave because they don't feel that the outfit should tell them how they will spend their free time playing games (not allowed to play with NC or TR on Cobalt)

19. I can't see the rules section so i'm unable to comment on detail as an outsider.

If it prevents people having ranks in other outfits on same server on another faction then there should be no problem. It's not exactly rocket science that you shouldn't be an outfit member on another faction if you're already in one. What if you get promoted? Where would your loyalties lie then.

If it prevents people from simply playing within another factions outfit platoon as a blue then that is a ill conceived decision on the outfit managment side. Nothing to do with TRID being a casual outfit but preventing people from enjoying the game with a bunch of other gamers that just happen to have a different colour is not cool.

20. I guess its ok if I copy the new section in the rules here:
    Section 6. Alternate Characters
    i. There are no rules regarding alternate characters on servers other than Cobalt
    ii. There are no rules regarding alternate VS characters on Cobalt
    iii. Do not create new TR or NC characters on Cobalt (as of 23/06/2013)
    iv. Pre-existing TR or NC characters may not join/play with TR or NC Cobalt outfits and must leave any outfit they are currently in
    v. People playing pre-existing TR or NC characters on Cobalt may not be in communication with anyone playing VS on Cobalt (e.g. by being in a Mumble channel with people playing VS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice