Why so SIRIUS/ ERIDANI ?

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Venatorstellarum, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hi guys,
    in a few days i'll have 1000 certs and i want to spend them for a SMG to infiltrate, tech plants, bio labs and AMP stations etc. ,more effectiv. Well, my questions is, what do you think about the SIRIUS SX12 and what are your favorite attachments for the weapon.
    If you don't like the SIRIUS, why is the ERIDANI SX5 in your oppinion better than the SIRIUS? Thanks for the help guys and have a nice day with the VS,

Venatorstellarum

2. KaptenJehfvel

KaptenJehfvel Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  07/02/2013
    Characters:  KaptenJehfvel
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Donator

awesome.

i'm using silencer, nv and softpoint

3. Celliosh

Celliosh Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  23/03/2015
    Characters:  Celliosh
    Other Games

Pretty awesome. Had a sweet 8 killstreak in two minutes with the Sirius yesterday. The smaller mag on the Eridani would've gotten me killed. That was with 2x and silencer. Also getting laser and soft point for it.

2x, 1x or NV doesn't really matter to me, the thing is a hip fire weapon anyway.

The only reason to go Eridani if you mostly go 1-on-1 in CQC, because of the shorter TTK. If you run up on three people from behind with only 25 bullets you'll have a bad time (probably).

4. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Donator

Pretty good gun. I use sirius. Good thing about it is you can use it with most classes.
    I run with 1x, with laser sight, compensator (if running with infiltrator) and soft point if running with anything else.
    It can be used as a medium range weapon but serves much better in the bio labs or close range because of the high fire rate.

Don't go for the eridani. No point with the small clip size.

5. Celliosh

Celliosh Private

Why do you only go with compensator as infiltrator? My thinking as infiltrator is to use the silencer, that way it's harder for people to find me when I pop up and shoot someone. When I put it on my engineer however I'll use the compensator for those longer kills.

6. Kaasrol

Kaasrol Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  27/01/2013
    Characters:  Kaasrol
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  29/09/2013
    Characters:  Grangar
    Other Games

I have been wondering the exact same thing!
    I'll be watching this thread.

7. boTod

boTod Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  22/01/2013
    Characters:  boTod
    Other Games

im sure he means suppressor for the infil. I run the same equip on all my smg loadouts; Soft-Point, 2x Zoom, Suppresor, Laser sight. Medium range is better served by a pistol than the SMG, since the CoF blooms so much.

8. Celliosh

Celliosh Private

Pistol with a laser can be a really deadly thing for sure. Of topic, but running with Ghost or V10 + pistol = 1 rifle + 2 pistol = dead.

9. Ok guys,
    thx for your helpful comments, i've bought the SIRIUS SX12 today and i have to say, damn is this weapon great! :shock:
    And now i try to find the best attachments for my playstile.
    so again, thx for all comments.
    cya on the battlefield, i should better say, on the continents! :D

Venatorstellarum

10. TronManForever

TronManForever Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  03/01/2013
    Characters:  TronManForever
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  04/02/2014
    Characters:  TronnyBoy
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  16/12/2015
    Characters:  M.Finigan
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  11/11/2016
    Other Games

thats a lot of different fonts in one thing - he wins the award

11. why nobody uses Artemis? i personaly think its great, i get killstreaks of 10+ easly..being an infiltrator most of the kills when you do infiltrate will be on standing people up close towards mid range, as headshots, a couple of bullets will do just fine, that meaning u can take up to 3-4 people/ammo clip if handled well, easily. ( 5-8 if TR, they`re head just blows up after the first bullet, may be a bug idk )

12. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

well, it is pretty much agreed that this gun is as lackluster as it comes in PS2. However skill will always beat raw weapon stats so if you are doing well with the artemis good for you ;-)

13. SethBloom

SethBloom Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  27/09/2013
    Characters:  SethBloom
    Other Games

High damage, high accuracy but low magazine weapons are skill based. The phantom, or the ghost, for example. If you get headshots, they'll drop in no time. But if you don't, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

I'm thinking of buying the artemis next.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice