My first montage

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by FinWiz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. FinWiz

FinWiz Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  11/01/2013
    Characters:  FinWiz
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/12/2013
    Characters:  FinWiz
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

So, I finally managed to make video after a long pause. Now that I were finally able to get some Planetside 2 clips (praise the PU1) I decided that I would make a planetside montage. So here it is. Hopefully you all enjoy, there is only so much one can edit with movie maker :roll: .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVZEnuYbCQ
    PS. the first clip is from the race event a few day back.

2. Nice! Looking forward to more :)

The limitations of Movie Maker is unfortunate. It's not the editing but the rendering that's the problem.

A little warning. As a huge Dr. Who fan I enjoyed the intro, but YouTube is striking down harder on copyrights these days so be careful with using famous music. If you're lucky nothing happens, if you're unlucky your video is taken down and your channel gets a copyright strike.

3. JoeJay

JoeJay Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  25/07/2013
    Characters:  JoeJay
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  07/12/2013
    Characters:  JoeJay3rd
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  14/08/2013
    Characters:  Joe_Jay
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  25/03/2014
    Characters:  JoeJay
    Other Games

Nice Montage :)

4. ron65774

ron65774 Lieutenant
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/12/2013
    Characters:  ron65774
    Other Games

Cool video, I liked it :)

5. FinWiz

FinWiz Private

The guy who made the intro, friend of mine, said, when I asked him about it, that intro clip is so short that it's not illegal to use it. If the video does get taken down, it's because of actual music used, I believe. Content ID system already found my video and notified me about it, just like with most of my other videos, all still up though.
    EDIT: And I'm a huge Dr. Who fan as well :p

6. There's an old myth that short music/audio is ok to use. Usually something like 4-10 seconds. It's not true at all. The myth continues to fool people all the time.

Hopefully you won't get taken down. Just thought I'd give you a friendly warning but you seem to be fully aware about it :).

7. Stachelkeule

Stachelkeule Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  20/12/2012
    Characters:  Stachelkeule
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  26/02/2015
    Characters:  Lexobaal
    Star Citizen
    Cadet
    Date Joined:  26/11/2013
    Characters:  Ironcloud
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  30/06/2016
    Characters:  Stachelkeule
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  05/11/2016
    Characters:  Zetiker
    Other Games

nice man, i cant wait to join the game again, but im waiting now over a week for the support to aswer -.-. i have one question, did you use the youtube video optimisation? i just ask, because the colors are a little bit weird. And if you look for some good legal musik, just take a look at soundcloud.com

8. FinWiz

FinWiz Private

Yes, that and HDR filter because for some reason video looks fine on my computer but when I upload it, it looks like 240p in 360p. Actually, auto-fix wasn't intented but didn't bother removing it later :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice