Highlands sub is impossibru to take.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, May 14, 2013.

1. You guys know it as well as we do.

Highground advantage behind the facility. Structure advantage to the front.

Proximity to warpgate and positioning preventing a wide flanking maneuver as result TR being within adjacent hexes. Placement of the capture point between a spawn building and the warpgate resulting in lack of good approach and almost no cover.

It was a good defence but this is as good as defence at a Biolab that has a good 30 pre nerf scatter maxes in it and no more than 2 organized platoons of infantry. Even if you take all teleporters and put sunderers under the landing pads you will get absolutely nowhere with whole continent population trying to infantry zerg it. It's pretty much airtight in both cases. Was and would be valiant attack which would result in failure and a hectic yet very fullfilling defence that would result in victory.

Even if we'd take it, chances to cap ARC Bio-engineering are non existant.

Besides not like it matters since you TRID/OWND guys would recap it again when everyone is sleeping and there are at best organized squads and randoms facing multiple platoons. I don't know how you guy manage to find the will to do it and enough people without need to go to work in the morning. Majority of NC and TR organized outfits disband platoons after midnight GMT +2 and form into ever decreasing two squad or less formations.

I remember personally facing 2 TRID platoons at HVAR with literally 8 guys one night after which we all went to sleep only to check the next day after work that you guys capped the continent. I see no joy nor glory in that.

On the other hand a bit of praise. Your platoon deployment with galaxies at MAO was awesome few days back while you held Briggs Lab. We and the pubs had great time fighting TR on one side and VS on another. I missed the warpgate fun the other day because of work but our guys apperently had a lot of fun and from the looks of it so did you.

See you on the battlefield TRID'bro's.

2. itzFenrir

itzFenrir Private
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

Oh I'm sure you'll see us more frequently. Alot of members have had great fun infantry pushing towards Mao Tech, just to get a nice 3-Way fight going.

Expect us. :)

3. InigoMontoyaJun

InigoMontoyaJun Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  InigoMontoyaJun
    Other Games
    Donator

I don't want to get into too much detail here, but the tl;dr version is: we're all millionaires, and don't need to go to work

4. JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath Founder (Ex-Councillor)
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  08/12/2012
    Characters:  JudgeDeath
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  03/04/2020
    Characters:  TRID_Judgedeath
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff)

[​IMG]

5. boTod

boTod Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  22/01/2013
    Characters:  boTod
    Other Games

[​IMG]
    Gimp reporting in

6. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

Well good for ya... :x

7. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)

[​IMG][/quote]

lol amazing :D

8. angeh

angeh Donator

fact of the matter is the NC worked with the TR outfits to try and neutralize indar - which is something we would never consider doing because it goes against the spirit of the game imo. The reason you failed to take it, is because the only tactic i saw NC do, was zerg towards the point - where we had everyone sat, its got nothing to with base design - if you had all of the vanu population in any base you wouldn't take it period.

9. If we can cap it we will, and so will you. Please don't try to convince me that if you have a chance of taking a continent, no matter the time, you wouldn't do it because it gives you no joy or glory. Owning a continent is pure joy and it makes me happy when we have all three continents.

The other day at the end of an alert I saw Powerpuffters yelling insults. I saw no joy or glory in that.

10. angeh

angeh Donator

having capped indar a few times I can tell you its not easy - last time I did it I had 2 squads and owned had 2/3 its all about tactics :). you have the pop advantage most of the time- esp in alerts, its about how you utilise the resources you have effectively and tactical/gameplay knowledge. on cobalt the nc come behind vanu/tr in those regards , the advantage you have is sheer numbers.

11. To each it's different i guess.

I've been part of continent caps during 50%/20%/20% population and during 70%/30%/20% and honestly the time wasted taking over empty outposts or steamrolling a single TR/VS squad from outpost to outpost only to have a good fight at the warpgate because everyone is technically forced to fight out of it is really not worth the time. Majority of veteran Jesters would probably agree with me.

I'm not trying to convince you. Fact is we would cap it if we could. We have high numerical advantage in the early mornings till about 2pm but mostly just non organized blues playing. All the outfits come alive past 5pm and stay active till midnight after which both TR and NC numbers drop considerably more than VS, especially when it comes to outfit activity.

Alert population advantage is tricky. Usually it's 33% even between all three factions and only drops as zergs get decimated. I've been part of a huge defensive and mopup operations that literally made either VS or TR population drop by 5% to 10% after sucessful counter push once outfits in other sectors are freed or ordered to disragard current objectives to reinforce defences at azimuth of attack of another zerg. Only to be redeployed 10 minutes later across the map to check another factions multiplat push.

As it stands right now. Time is 23:07 and you've got VS 38% to TR 27% to NC 34% and it's only going to get worse for both TR and NC from here on forward. VS also got biggest organized outfits on the server. TR got the best organized smaller outfits that work under single command a lot of times from the looks of it and NC got a good number of outfits of varying strenght, organization and coordination.

We got an officer that organizes stuff between NC outfits and few days a week he's got whole lot of platoons and squads under his fingers who will fallow him without question in most of the cases. This fine gentlemen spends two hours in a warpgate just simply looking at the map and moving forces lika a diabolical genius. At least we're willing to get farmed to death on his orders just as long as it brings victory in the end.

But as we have that great ability to make you guys hate us over the yell chat. We've applied same set of skills towards NC, so we're running on strained to hostile relationship with a big chunk of NC at this moment.

12. angeh

angeh Donator

it does seem that on alerts a lot of the time that you just focus on us whilst the tr push your warpgate :p capping indar is umpossible during prime time imo whilst amerish/ easmir can be done pretty much anytime :)

13. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

I think we can all agree that we will never agree on who is the strongest faction/who is the most OP/who is the best organised/who has the population advantage/etc.
    The fact of the matter is, everyone has the advantage at times and everyone ends up at a disadvantage at some point. None of the factions are obscenely overpowered (though I do feel that VS weaponry is a bit underpowered, TR in general has been nerfed in a way that it's not fun to play and I tend to think "free points" when I see a Vanguard.)

So yeah, let's go play and stop bitching at each other

14. We are all gamers. We look for excuses when things go wrong and take pride (undue in many cases) when they go well. Seriously, the sense of superiority on display is just absurd.

15. I'm not arguing though with your defence planning. Must have been very cool and very pleasing time holding the fort and you guys did a great job.

Just saying that the facility in itself is extremely hard to approach and assault if you've got platoons stationed there and defenders are at a great advantage.

The map was designed with tanks in mind but with the dawn of the AV turrets tanks have lost all meaning because they can and are outgunned from ranges beyond which they can reliably fight back.

16. AurelieGaia2

AurelieGaia2 Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  04/02/2013
    Characters:  AurelieGaia2
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  10/10/2013
    Characters:  Saint
    Other Games

We can definitely agree on that. AV-MANA turret is far too powerful.

17. angeh

angeh Donator

AV turrets should cost 200 inf resources imo, not saying it would stop them but would stop the total and utter spam of them.

18. 200 resources may be a bit steep, especially considering almost everything costs infantry resources (I assume you mean those resources)
    I think 100 resources plus a cool-down timer on replacing them of 10 seconds or so would balance it out more

19. Cool-down timer of FOREVER

20. Considering that AV turret does quarter of a C4 block indefinitely every four seconds, the price of 200 resources is more than fair in my opinion.

It's either that or drastic range reduction of 300 meters guided fallowed by 100 to 200 unguided with gradual reduction in damage with range. Like they did with lolpods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice