Highlands sub is impossibru to take.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, May 14, 2013.

1. angeh

angeh Donator

thing is tho there are other weapons against tanks -c4/tank mines/rockets that are effective against tanks - av turrets just ruin any tank battles what so ever - making them a lot more expensive would reduce the use of them, maybe even putting a 10 min timer between spawning the next one ? because you take out one and then they immediately put up another one.

2. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

that would make it vastly underpowered though, considering it gets destroyed quite easily
    I don't think changes as drastic as that would do any good

3. DoomPotato

DoomPotato Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  16/12/2012
    Characters:  DoomPotato
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  DoomFruit
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Other Games

If you're going to break the AV turret, why not make HA rockets cost resources as well? They're free, don't render at range, (some of them) can lock on to vehicles and don't require the user to stay exposed through the whole of the firing cycle. And the less said about the insta-hit Lancer, the better...

Also, lolpod ammo should cost resources (let's say 750 per rocket... die in a fire, aircraft).

4. You either nerf it to the ground or only see BR1's pulling Vanguards, Prowlers and Magriders.

Engineer is currently effectively stealing the HA's thunder. From the start the mines are enough of anti armor deterant. They should have just made them cost 25-50 resources and provide ample amount of them. Stock 3 and up to 7 if you cert into it.

Giving every class anti vehicle capability is like giving every class a single burster.

5. What people also seem to forget is that hitting tanks at ranges that lock-on missiles can easily do requires some form of skill, far more than lock-on missiles and that the ROF isn't exactly great, but its range can still be too long too easily in my opinion.
    I honestly think that they should take measures to decrease the range of all the long-range AV weapons, perhaps make the AV turret have a limited ammount of fuel and simply decrease the lock-range for lock-on missile launchers.
    Right now tanks often get destroyed from ranges they can't possibly fight back.

6. Engineer AV turrets are good if you get advance warning and need to defend somewhere. They can be used for attack, but it'll slow down your momentum a lot and leaves you vulnerable to a rocket/sniper bullet/tank shell in the face as they're watching you attack. They're nearly useless for killing MAXes (surprise rocket in the face = the squishies' chance to fight back).

Yes, I do admit that at long range on open ground, the engineer AV turret is king. At close range, mobility is vital and only the HA (or perhaps an anti-vehicle MAX) can provide this - setting up with an AV turret will just get you exploded unless the tank's secondary gunner is asleep. Medium-long range with cluttered ground favours the Lancer, which can hit tanks in the brief window they spend not behind a large rock. Medium range on open ground favours the Striker, which won't miss any of its hits even when the tank's moving (at this range, tanks should be able to target and destroy engineer AV turrets quickly), while medium range on cluttered ground (allowing friendly infantry to approach and kill the engineers manning the turrets) favours the Phoenix, which you're not going to hide from. They all have different roles (bias disclaimer: I'm mainly an infantry player now, but do like to take a tank out ever so often).

As for mines, there's a reason why I try to take my Flash ahead of friendly tank columns with the thermal scope on.

7. Lock-On missiles are fine. There are hard countermeasures to them both in form of range of 400 meters at which distance both parties can engage eachother reliably, landscape that provides cover to those skilled at using armor and obviously the IR smoke.

Lock-ons also need coordination of 4+ JA gunners firing on same target and having an engineer with them for resupply to achieve what solo engineer with AV turret can do.

Edit: Potato the problem is that the AV turret will fold and force armor into hiding where it's easy picking way before reliable infantry range is achieved.

With lock-ons if you dared to loose 2-3 tanks before reaching magic 200+ meters from the initial locks of 400 meter range you had a fair chance of coming out with 50/50 scenario especially if you've got sunderers with infantry in them as support. AV turret does total supression at medium to long range where only couple of armored vehicles will manage to push through and those that do will be destroyed by dumbfire/faction specific launchers.

Honestly at this moment we've got the best AV capabilities. At 300+ range the AV turret will destroy or cripple any Sunderer and Tank . Below 300 meters Phoenix is king.

8. If I'm honest, I think the TR striker is still a lot better for all ranges than the phoenix or lancer.

9. angeh

angeh Donator

the strikers pretty op, its really hard to avoid them even in a magrider - I feel sorry for you guys in a vanguard :D, some TR actually think its underpowered .......

10. AurelieGaia2

AurelieGaia2 Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  04/02/2013
    Characters:  AurelieGaia2
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  10/10/2013
    Characters:  Saint
    Other Games

I think Strikers are OK. I know I'm in the minority here but I'll try and explain...

> If you're in a Scythe, you either have flares and pop them and bug out when you get locked or you die. So nothing changes with the Striker, except that if you let one of the 5 rockets hit you you're gonna be fine
    > If you're in a Lib/Gal, you can let the rockets hit you and wait until the last possible moment before popping flares or fire suppression.
    > In any aircraft, you can usually dodge some of the missiles because of how they track (they aim in front of you, so fly toward the ground), and if multiple strikers lock you you can flare after the first unexpected big chunk of damage and avoid the other rockets.

The above are preferable, to me, than one-shot higher-damage lockons. In a Scythe you HAVE to flare, in case there are more than one about to hit you (you die). In a Lib it's harder to gauge when to flare and you can go from green health to dead without being able to use Fire Suppression.

They are a bit OP against tanks, because they are used like Javelins (lock then fire upward over cover). It's their flexibility and numerousness, and the fact that being in Terran territory = get locked at all times that makes them irritating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice