[Gadget] VibroAxe's Planetside 2 Respawn Watcher Thingy

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by VibroAxe, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Hi there. I'm VibroAxe, one of OWND's platoon leaders and I made this shiny for the OWND guys. It's still not 100% and is a bit of a work in progress, but thought you might find it useful as well!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was running around indar the other day waiting for my scythe to respawn and thought to myself.. "What I really need is something on the second monitor to tell me when the vehicle is ready"

It's taken me a little bit of thinking about this but I now present to you the first (beta) release of "VibroAxe's Planetside 2 Respawn Watcher"

What does it do:
    [​IMG]
    At it's most basic the Respawn watcher is design to sit on a second monitor and gives you a live countdown that you can glance at to tell you when your vehicle spawn timer has expired / how long it has to go.
    Having got this functionality I decided that wasn't quite good enough, so now, when the vehicle is ready Respawn Watcher will give you an audible response that the specific vehicle is ready. This also has the unexpected side benefit that any of you without second monitors can also use the functionality.

How do I use it [Manual Mode]:
    Respawn Watcher has two modes: Manual and Automatic mode. In manual mode the program uses the following global keyboard shortcuts so you can tell it when you spawn a particular vehicle (The next update will have a settings menu to change these I promise...)
    * Flash - Ctrl+Alt+F
    * Galaxy - Ctrl+Alt+G
    * Liberator - Ctrl+Alt+L
    * Lightning - Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L
    * Magrider - Ctrl+Alt+M
    * Scythe - Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S
    * Sunderer - Ctrl+Alt+S
    * Instant Action Deploy - Ctrl+Alt+D

Simply run Respawn Watcher in the background and hit the key combo when you spawn the vehicle.

How do I use it [Automatic Mode]:
    By far the better way of running Respawn Watcher is in automatic mode. In this mode the program watches the planetside 2 logs folder and automatically determines when you spawn a new vehicle. First set your UserName in the TopField, and then browse to your planetside 2 logs directory. Respawn Watcher will now go through and automatically detect when you spawn a vehicle. (Note: Instant Deploy doesn't currently trigger in automatic mode, you will need to use the short cut. Mainly for PL's anyway)

What logs folder?:
    To enable logging on planetside 2 open up UserOptions.ini and add the following section
    Code:
    [logging]
    Level=5

I suspect that Respawn Watcher can actually run at a less verbose level of logging but at the moment I havn't played with the setting enough to determine how high this needs to be and it works at log level 5

How do I get it:
    Easy, Simply point a browser at http://planetside2.vibroaxe.name/respawner/publish.htm and click the install button. Respawn Watcher will automatically check for updates when it starts so as I fix

Change Log:
    See program

Edit: Fun fact, you guys don't have tables on your forums :(
    Edit2: Your
    • code seems to be buggered too :(

2. Hasibuzi

Hasibuzi Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  29/12/2012
    Characters:  Hasibuzi
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  14/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  22/01/2014
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

Hm, I'm not much of a vehicle user, but this sounds like a good Idea - one thing: could you add the Max availability as well?

3. Hmm, this hadn't even occured to me, Yeah I'll try and have a look through the logs tonight and work out how spawning as a max works!

4. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)

can you also put spawn beacon deploy in there?
    meh I really need to get myself a 2nd monitor :p

5. As in for squad leaders when they put them down?

6. TronManForever

TronManForever Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  03/01/2013
    Characters:  TronManForever
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  04/02/2014
    Characters:  TronnyBoy
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  16/12/2015
    Characters:  M.Finigan
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  11/11/2016
    Other Games

7. yes :)

8. InigoMontoyaJun

InigoMontoyaJun Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  InigoMontoyaJun
    Other Games
    Donator

thanks for sharing this!

9. Xorsha

Xorsha Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  03/02/2013
    Characters:  Xorsha
    Other Games

Spawn beacon timer would be especially great, since there is now useful indication on how long it takes other than a bar, that isn't really that big on my 2560x1600 resolution and mostly unreadable unless I look up so the background is light enough. I have no idea, why SOE does not mention the reduces on the timer in the cert section anyway, as it does for everything else...

Almost forgot: Awesome idea and thanks for the tool. My manners seem to lack from time to time (as in every day)

10. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

This is awesome! Thanks VibroAxe

11. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Donator

Thanks. Just need to remember which keys to press now without interrupting gameplay. :?

12. I highly recommend automatic mode ;)

13. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private Donator

Ok, didn't see that. Thanks for telling

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice