What Statistics Would You Like to See on Profile Pages?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JackJack233, Apr 13, 2013.

1. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

I'm going to do an overhaul of player profile pages in the very near future and I want to know what sort of statistics you want to see on profile pages. I can get almost any statistic from the API, so suggest whatever and I'll tell you if it can be done.

Another thing I'll be implementing is a daily awards feature. Basically every day there will be several leaderboards dynamically updating on the site, and at the end of the day (23:59 UTC), an "award" will be issued to the #1 player on each leaderboard. These awards will show up on your profile so you can show off to others. So I also want to know what sort of leaderboards you guys would like? Kills? Captured Facilities? Defended Facilities? Let me know!

--Jack

Edit: As a precursor to these changes I have edited the roster so that you can click on people's names to go to their forum profile (if they have an activated forum account). http://ps2trident.com/index.php/roster

2. I wish there was a statistic for following orders. I think the usual K/D, SPH and maybe suicides just for fun (jokes) would be great.

3. That, except K/D, which I think shouldn't be included.
    The thing is, in a game like this, K/D really has no place. People who play Heavy all the time or are lib gunners all the time automatically get a good K/D, compared to people like me, who most of the time stand and repair/revive people.
    It kinda annoys me when people only care about K/D and not teamplay at all.
    Sorry for the slight off-topic, felt I had to tell you guys my thoughts.

TheKoolaidline which you all should be familiar with also has a video about this btw.

4. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)

Maybe you can have several categories, like air vehicle kills, land vehicle kills etc.

5. boTod

boTod Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  22/01/2013
    Characters:  boTod
    Other Games

I feel support roles should be highlighted.

Is it possible to show kills with a selected favourite weapon?

6. TheCainer

TheCainer Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Officer
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  TheCainer
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  13/08/2013
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  13/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  19/12/2015
    Other Games
    Councillor (Staff) Donator

You should also hand out awards to people with the most suicides or tk's (but don't know that last one a "award").

7. Tk is not a good idea, I always fly with my brother whenn we man the liberator and from time to time we crash and it counts as I killed him. This makes my Tk rate a little bit high (my brother is the person I killed most, according to my statistics XD). Most played Class and most used Vehicle would be my suggestion, so you know what kind of player you chatting with.

8. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Just to clarify, this is for profile pages (when you click on someone's name), not for below their username on topic pages

9. NightmareAI

NightmareAI Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  01/02/2013
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  15/04/2020
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Other Games

if so I'd like it to show all the information just like Planetside-universe.com since I find it pretty... informative :D is that possible?

10. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

As a precursor to these changes I have edited the roster so that you can click on people's names to go to their forum profile (if they have an activated forum account). http://ps2trident.com/index.php/roster

11. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Can you find info on killing specific vehicles with the API. Because number of sunderer kills would be pretty sweet. :) Also that is an important thing to do especially during a defense, where killing the sundy or not can mean the difference between victory or loss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice