The Smurfs.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, Jun 6, 2013.

1. I hate them so, so much right now.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/111 ... AAAC53288/

The only platoon at your warpgate is ours. Some blues are present and couple of good KAIN reavers providing CAS and Air superiority duty. TWO NC and TWO TR platoons are at Quartz Ridge, multiple 12-24 to 24-48 contacts are in different sections of the TR/NC front.

The TR is pulling some forces from the Skydock, they're tasked with one lane control with goal to bypass the NC at Tawrich and roll straight for your WG.

Our platoon goes over Region /leader /orders and command voip pleading that NC troops engaging TR would stop and come assist on reinforcing the WG against growing VS numbers. Non answer, we remain as sole presence in your way. Shifting one squad between the two lanes while maintain 3 squad presence at the middle one.

The NC at Tawrich proceeds to cut of the TR at the substation. Large portion of outfit platoon members throw gloves on the table and change continent or game alltogether.

Relog as VS, meet a lot of NC at the biofarm. Hate them even more.

Log in the evening, watch your guys roll into Mao almost unnaposed other than a squad of KAIN tanks my lightning and few squad members still online trying to supress the assault at Abandoned NS offices. Get decimated. Mao "A" point gets reinforced before anyone on the NC decides that it's important facilty for alert purposes, No way to get past the ZOE spam on A, VS takes all 3 facilities and wins alert.

My hate for my people is boundless.

2. angeh

angeh Donator

imagine my joy logging.and seeing us with little territory -diff warpgate same story. stop trusting the tr they only betray you :p. what I noticed is after the alert when we started focusing totally on liberating our warpgate is that quite a lot of smurfs fell back which enabled ys to push in multiple directions. there was no.mass scat max push thru the tunnels which was surprising because had roles been reversed we would have done a 50+ zoe push :p

3. angeh

angeh Donator

also.the tr had tawrich and they even took copper ravine briefly. mistake nc made was no pushing feldspar harder, stronghold and then old auraxium in force.

4. Note this was right after the servers went up after GU10. Your population stayed at a 16% for good 15 minutes at least.

The playing as VS part was right after we were pushed back to the Biofarm from your warpgate once the numbers started rising beyond what we could handle as a fractured platoon and the TRID platoon i was in fought against some random blues from 33% disadvantage to 50/50% numbers before shifting focus elsewhere. At that point our (Jest) platoon was reformed at Esamir under control of different SL/PL.

We were in contact with the reds, they had one lane to take because it's easier for them to attack from that direction and we couldn't get anyone else on NC come to camp you at the WG. But our blues cut the reds off in a defiant act of "F*ck you planning, f*ck you continent neutralization".

The stupidity on NC side is mind-boggling. There was no mistake on our part. We had one platoon. trying to hold off two lanes asking for help and getting nothing. We couldn't push even if we wanted it. There was no reserves to push with at your Warpgate. It was us basically sitting there and waiting till the amp station alert ends and we'll be facing a full brunt of the VS returning back to Indar.

Technically you need three platoons minimum on those two lanes to hold of a counterpush for 30-45 minutes. Two on the lanes themselves holding of the troops coming from WG and one in the rocks above be dedicated anti tank & anti air role supressing and thinning out the vehicle spam coming out of the warpgate.

Not talking about TR because my perspective on their push will be skewed by the fact that i wasn't there and don't know how much effort did they put in trying to get their pubs to back off and attack your WG instead. I know that we did all we could and got nothing in return.

5. angeh

angeh Donator

heres an idea stop communcting with the tr and do the job yourselves. communicating and working with other factions - its lame. we neutralixed amerish by ourselves kicking out and nc tr platoons at xelas bio. theres too much working and comms with other factions. during alerts we always get double teamed, I have losr count of the times the tr march towards the nc warpate whilst most of your forces are attacking us.

6. now you know what we feel during alert when random blues attack only VS because OMGVANUOPNERFNERF while reds have like 50% of the territory.

also, i want to express my most sincere excuses: after your posts on our forums and our chats on /tell channel made me understand that you JEST (or at least you) are nothing like random blue dumbness.

7. I'd like to say the same.

8. angeh

angeh Donator

except powerpuffters that guys obnoxious :)))

9. InigoMontoyaJun

InigoMontoyaJun Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  InigoMontoyaJun
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Donator

you didn't even try.
    I was a ZOE MAX at A from start to finish, and I had nothing to do. not because the dozens of other maxes killed everything (there were only a couple), but because no enemies were seen. I got far less kills than expected. and to be honest: it would have beed enough to have four non-maxes on the point, and we would still have held it, because there was NO NC push.

tl;dr: don't blame ZOE for your lack of teamplay and coordination

10. We have outfits that are extremely professional and on individual level probably surpass us unless we pull a specialized squad/squads but lack the numbers to make a dent and we have Re4pers who seem to be less organized than us but pull their weight admirably considering that they are huge but very loose structured from what i gather.

About the ZoE spam. Was figuratively speaking. By the time i respawned at the Techplant, we had A swarmed by the VS with at least i counted three maxes at A point. Got once up the stairs myself before getting mopped up. I dont think it's about trying when you're running one squad of very tired people.

Also did you actually read the thread. The whole point is to provide an insight into the world of an organized Cobalt NC dealing with the blues.

The organized NC pulls of some seriously cool stuff. During previous WG we were pushed out of palisades by TR during alert and were setting up defences at the Bluff. Suddenly 7BAP and LECO i think pull up in a tank formation from the crown, wedge towords our defence line through TR's rear and all their platoons get mopped up in next two minutes. In words of a chivalry knight... Glooorious.

11. Kaasrol

Kaasrol Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  27/01/2013
    Characters:  Kaasrol
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  29/09/2013
    Characters:  Grangar
    Other Games

We´ve seen it multiple times now: working with the TR doesn't work for you! Didn't you learn from Ceres Biotech?

12. You see the game through "veteran gamer eyes".

But please try to think as the average gamer : you launch the game for the first time, have to create your first character.

After reading the descriptions of the three factions, the average player will think like that : "Oh well, NC are the good, I want to play as a rebel not as a fascist soldier or as a member of a sect."

And the average player doesn't care about the "tactics", he doesn't play more than 2 hours per day so he wants shoot something, wherever it could be.

My opinion may be not very kind, but I truly believe this is a part of the problem.

13. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

every one knows that most of vanus are professionals :p

that's why other factions are nerfnerfnerf, so thay can balance our game play by reducing weapon effectiveness...(handycap)

14. The NC is truly the hardmode though. Everything we use requires a notch more effort to be equal to the other two factions. Specifically the firearms and the Reaver. The only other faction that got some problems is the TR with proper use of Prowlers and the Max Lockdown being a lost art on the noobs.

What the Brunette said might be the contributing factor and is an opinion that does circulate among NC about the lack of coordination and understanding of the continent priorities.

15. DoomPotato

DoomPotato Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  16/12/2012
    Characters:  DoomPotato
    Warframe
    Characters:  DoomFruit
    Minecraft
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Other Games

The Vanguard is pretty boss, though. My first character was NC - a friend introduced me to the game, I made a char on Woodman to join him, whined about wanting laz0rs and he decided to stay as VS the moment he pulled a spandex MAX (!). A few months ago, we decided to play NC for a bit. Said friend got behind the wheel of a Vanguard and immediately exploded the first 3 enemy aircraft we encountered using the main gun.

You guys have it so good with that beastly tank cannon of yours.

16. AP turret on the Vanguard is the NC god. If you're playing organized tanks then the Vanguard is the way to go. Need two gunners though because otherwise the infantry is going to mop you up real fast between the reloads. Especially if you're running the Titan-150 AP as primary. The weak link in the Vanguard is the Infantry. The fire rate and mobility is lower than either the Magrider or the Prowler so it leaves it more exposed to dumbfire launchers, c4's and AV turrets.

The Magrider from a Vanguars perspective is a larger threat than a Prowler. This is probably the reason why the Striker was introduced. To balance the Prowler's lack of anti tank killing potential against either of the two factions. Sadly this has turned already rarely pulled liberator into something magical like a unicorn. The Prowler is great platform for supressing infantry and light vehicles though and wrecking in the kills while soloing.

Overal the Magrider is a good platform for both zerging and soloing, great mobility and mid range fire rate with weirdly easy to calculate round drop. With the burner few of Magriders can wedge in straight in the middle of a reinforced position and wreck havoc. It can also attack from elevations where either of the other two tanks can only dream of going.

Why the vanguard is a best platform for the platoon play though is because of the slow speed and fire rate it's pretty much a must for it's survival. It's a tank that invites people to be organized and the lack of speed provides an opening for meneuver warfare and formation movement. The extra armour provides the ability to take in rounds and support friendly tanks within the group. I'm sure you've seen Vanguards pull in front of lightnings, sunderers or other vanguards to shield them from fire while they are being repaired.

I cannot imagine how you would control a Magrider squad because the dimensions are stupid and by bunching them up in Line, Staggered Line or V formation will deny them the benefit of their strafe and mobility. Vanguards can also keep the front towords enemies while engaging targets on their flank with full brunt of their weapons. Facing west but having 6 AP turrets and Halberts/Enforces fire north at an aircraft or a new threat without exposing sides to the enemy that is still setup on the front. Usually an aircraft that's getting twelve hard hitting guns fire at it in a salvo decides to not stay too long to see what happens. A liberator usually doesn't have time to realize what just happened.

Same applies to our maxes though. Whenever i play TR or VS i see far less engineers supporting maxes than i do NC. Because every NC soldier knows at what range the max is good and and what it requires to keep it effective. Every max knows to keep his engies alive. The VS is hopeless in this regard because the ZOE breaks the symbiotic relationship that MAX units have with their little sisters.

17. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

The tactics for a Magrider squad are fairly simple, you grab 6 Magriders and travel in a line formation, 2x3. When encountering enemy armour, the front 3 Magriders push forward and circle the enemy armour to hit its rear and the back 3 simply fire repeatedly.

18. about the ZOE breaking the symbiotic relationship max/engi: what you say is true only for solo players. ZOE cannot go alone whatever happens, this berserk mode makes us take more damage hence we need engis more than you do. ZOE is truly a beast only if coupled with at least one faithful engineer.

about the vanguard tactics: the same thing can be applied with your MAXes. i never saw a team of NC MAXes proceeding in a common direction protected by their shield and followed by engineers. you guys can do an invulnerable push to a objective that can be invaluable in most of the situations (1st of all, biolabs). afraid of c4? be followed by infantry, front covered + air above covered = profit!!!

19. No, it does break the MAX-Engineer relationship. The engineer can't keep up with the MAX as it moves around, so your repairs are much less effective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice