Plans and Goals for Planetside until the end of this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Omnishoot1, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director
    PlanetSide 2
    Praetor
    Date Joined:  25/01/2014
    Characters:  Omnishoot1
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  27/12/2017
    Characters:  Vaulster
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Director (Staff)

[​IMG]
    I hope you guys didn't get rusty during my 2 weeks on Vacation. Anyways, those are the most important things I want to work on for Planetside until Summer ends/ Autumn begins. The biggest change and the one I'm most proud of is that we now have the MLG team which will be responsible for every competitive aspect in PS2. So here are the goals/plans:

1. Trainings
    I cannot afford to run training everday. This is why I will find people who can lead simple squads. I will also teach those people how they can run SSmash specific training during the coming weeks.
    The trainings that I will organise myself are Scrims or Outfit v Outfit on PTS/Jaeger, important trainings for SS and big events, FNO/COPS tactical training.

2. Working with other outfits
    The only way that we can improve is by fighting outfits that are better or on the same level as us. The outfits I'm talking about are for example TTRO, RMIS, GETR, KAIN, MACS, JEST, FACS but also VS ones like VIPR, PRSE, DORA and FOOL. I already know their leaders. I recommend every Trident leader to have those on their friendslist in order to organise more interesting fights on live. Even if we are worse than them in the beginning
    we should see it as a challenge.

3. Tournaments
    Here is a list of the tournaments we will most likely take part in.
    This is a summary of all events:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/PS2Cobalt/comments/384mfg/cobalt_serversmash_summer_schedule/

SS vs Connery (27.6.15)
    NA vs EU PSB event (11.7.15)
    Briggs Training match (tbd)
    SS tournament season (tbd)

4. Improve our standards
    TRID VIPR RMIS FOOL MACS and JEST will be the primary outits in SS. Those outfits need to have better standards than everyone else. I will be PLing some of the future SSmashes. This is why I expect TRID to play better than everyone else in my platoons during a SS. Therefore we need to keep up our training.

5. Advertisement ingame
    We have too few players using TS/ the website compared to the amount of them in the ingame outfit. If we want more people to get on TS we need to advertise more often and more aggressively.
    In the future every centurion and above should advertise in outfit chat and in platoons. There should at least be one advertisement/ PSA per hour. The following things should be said in outfit chat:

CTMwood's PSA list
    ( https://tridentoutfit.com/forums/in...-list-for-copy-pasting-into-outfit-chat.3823/)

Our TS address and our website

If we have events coming up and how you can take part (becoming a member of MLG)

6. Trident Leadership meeting
    I will try to organise a meeting with the higher staff(council, directors, lieutenants etc.) and most active leaders on live.
    Some of the points will hopefully help running our public platoons more effectively and contribute to the overall enjoyment of playing in a platoon. In the last year people lost interest in being in a platoon. I hopefully found a way to fight the lack of meta while being in a platoon.
    Stay tuned and keep up the good work

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice