Max Push done right.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, Jun 19, 2013.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... u-M#t=563s I present you this!. It was more or less on a whim decision and recording courtesy of the Irish man you love to hate. Puffters.

I went over region and stated that in minute we'd be doing a max push on the tower so we had quite a few medics and engineers with us once we got inside and C4's started taking us out. Tower had 48+ VS with no NC presence within the inner parimiter from the looks of it. At least 4-5 ZOE's and infantry covering the doors on the second floor and few maxes on the first.

Tower fell about 30 seconds after we got in.

The audio recording is just part of our teamspeak recording from different battles entirely so does not relate to what's happening in the video.

Been really digging the shield. So many C4's are thrown, countered by a shield being directed downwords as i walk back resulting in me loosing the shield but remaining at 100%. Today had a HA throw 4 C4's in a row in a tower at my feet and just wasting resources. Also you can do the same with grenades and decipate the damage in a forward and sides directional arc from what i could gather. Effectively taking one for the team and protecting the meatwalkers with no damage to yourself other than shield deplition.

2. angeh

angeh Donator

the nc max ability is potentially awesome if used right - like in the vid. tactically its a pain to play against organized nc maxes with shields and inf backup. wish most of the nc followed your example and used the aegis properly instead of whining about how bad is suppsedly is and how OP zoe is. the nc max ability requires more teamplay then zoe thats all. A great video :).

3. Haha, I watched one of his other videos and he sounds like a nice guy. We can only judge from his behaviour in yells which is more or less like a 13-year old.

The other day I was tired and decided to play anyway, sniping like a bauss with the lightning. Saw mr Puff jump down from a tower and annihilate our sunderer. So all in all, good player, decent guy, yells insults. Equation error.

4. Puffters is a really nice guy... to his own people.

Playing for Jesters is like being in a Triad. Puffters is Pei Pei, the Oriental Despot. I'm Chekov from StarTreck apperently because of my accent.

Never would i argue that shield is bad or worse than lockdown. Both are great and situational skills that require smart placement and playstyle to be used effectively. Overal the TR max is easier to rack up kill with over ours because of the extended range and ability to lay in some heavy supressive fire.

VS max without ZOE is pretty much identical to the TR one if not slightly superior and can be handled. As an NC even after the initial pre GU11 nerf the ZOE is stll the one most hard thing to deal with in this game.

The main problem i see with it is the movement speed presents additional threat like no other to infantry as it negates primary weapons meant to fighting maxes in CQC and reduces the meatwalker reaction time. In fairly organized outfit squads with teamspeak coverage ZOE is fairly hard to deal with. I can only imagine blues being pulvarized by one.

The problem doesn't rise from ZOE in itself after i've thought about it. Although it's the easiest of the three skills to be used effectively in numbers and by mediore players. At least not this early into the mechanic cycle. But rather that the primary benefits are given from get go. It's like giving Aegis 100% strenght and first level recharge rate once you cert the 150 into it. They could have tried it the other way around. Higher weapon damage increase from start but with speed increase being given per level.

All that damage increase to weapons is secondary. It's the speed to keep up with infantry and fairly effective medium range that makes zoe such a lucrative and noob friendly platform.

5. boTod

boTod Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  22/01/2013
    Characters:  boTod
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

Good points. Personally, speed was the big reason I even bought the ZOE. Move speed was always too slow for me, so I only pulled a max to run AA.

Since ZOE, I'd pull a max every other time I could.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice