FNO

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Deadl3mon, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Donator

Hey guys, just wanted to say good fight. Looked amazing. Loved the scythe and mossy fight.

2. InigoMontoyaJun

InigoMontoyaJun Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  InigoMontoyaJun
    Other Games
    Donator

that's the only real fight we got :)

3. Yea, seriously, what the NC did was childish and just proved that they can't participate.

4. I'm sorry but going to defend the NC again here and not just The Jesters.

Since the Amerish weekend at the end of Feb we (Jesters) have had no contact with you through our or your forums. How is this being childish and "cannot participate" when we have not been invited or invited you

That weekend was organised By TRID, JEST, AOTR and was very successful

The least you and AOTR could have done was invite an outfit from the NC, it was a bit of a crappy move not to do so!

As our forum if public you can have a read, but the initial jist of tonight for us was to make a little trouble and have fun as we weren't invited! However do to a "diplomat" going nuts on our forums it escalated to "We are going to wreck this so hard and include Reapers and The NC Alliance"

5. Trolling a diplomat is a bad move. No matter where. Just admit it :)

6. so ruining the event was your point? its a childish move to start stomping the foot and crying for not being invited to the party..you think we wouldve done the same if we were in your spot?

7. trolling an overly sensitive dick was an awesome move!

And yet again blame the whole of the NC not just Jesters, I would hate tyo think our NC buddies are missing out on the fun

8. dude, you started the whole thing, i blame the people, not the "guns".."zergs" will always follow someone, you were the head of the "operation".

9. we had 2-3 posts on our forums before the Tigra incident, if you read the thread we were told about this through IVGD!

10. allright this is getting nowhere anyway, its 5am, have a good day, cya on the battlefield.

11. Cool, laters.

I'm not being an arse towards you I just wish people would read threads! See you ingame

12. Alba2014

Alba2014 Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  15/03/2013
    Characters:  Alba2014
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  Alba2014
    Other Games

Playing devils advocate, I don't know why an NC outfit wasn't invited and I can kind of see why they would be a little upset about it. It was always a possibility that randoms of any faction would bring AA, but to see the NC bring the organised stuff was on the one hand pretty funny for a second or two (all those burster maxes!!!), and on the other completely ruined the theme of the FNO.

I've read a little of the back story on the NC's motivation for what they did, but I don't think there is any real justification for what occured.

If you are someone that runs or can speak for an NC outfit, like the Jester's, why would you not ask to join if you were interested in taking part, rather than resorting to throwing the toys out of the pram. If the individuals involved can't communicate with each other then find others that can.

I don't think the flak party did anyone any favours really, all due to poor communication to and from the NC outfits with the other factions, with the addition of a little petulance thrown in on the NC side resorting to what occured.

Really, instead of asking to take part, or even just taking part anyway, you'd rather try and "break" the theme of the night? Not a great advertisement of your outfits in my opinion and easily avoided.

It would seem that pettiness from a few individuals, for whatever reason and from whichever faction, ruined it for the majority, which is a bit sad.

13. NightmareAI

NightmareAI Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  01/02/2013
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  15/04/2020
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Other Games

I'm quite disappointed because a major outfit like JEST could act in a very childish and short-sighted way like that. Seriously, I had great respect for you guys before but you guys ruined it all by yourself.
    Please, think about placing yourself in our position at that time, would you feel the same as us and AOTR did?

14. DoomPotato

DoomPotato Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  16/12/2012
    Characters:  DoomPotato
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  DoomFruit
    Minecraft
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Other Games

Is there any way to watch past episodes? I missed it due to my weak meatbag dependence on sleep and can't find anything useful on the main PS2 forums.

15. Celliosh

Celliosh Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  23/03/2015
    Characters:  Celliosh
    Other Games

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/399118814

16. Twiddly

Twiddly Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  25/02/2013
    Characters:  Twiddly
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  29/09/2013
    Characters:  Twiddly
    Other Games
    Donator

I don't really see the reason for being so upset about this. It is quite obvious that in a three faction pvp game, that one cannot easily exclude one faction from anything and if SOE wants two factions to show off dancing moves in the sky without interference, then SOE better have a separate server for that.

Heck, even without the NC bit, some of the op was still a clusterf*ck. We had AOTR libs shooting at us a good 30 seconds prior to us getting our fire orders. Not saying it was AOTR gunners - it could well have been randoms that did not follow the agreed order - but as we were sitting ducks in the air waiting for our orders, the result was messy even before the fight should have started. That said, I am sure there is good material in the FNO clip.

I think the gatecrashing fits perfectly with the theme/name of Jesters. I also don't see a reason why Jester's reps try to reason their way out of it. Just embrace it - you are chaotic clowns that like mayhem - true to your name! Plus it will make smurf hunting season all the more enjoyable for us :p

17. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Ok I'm going to lock this because I don't want this argument continuing in a public forum. The Council will discuss the NC behaviour and try to resolve this matter. Thank you all for participating! :)

18. JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath Founder (Ex-Councillor)
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  08/12/2012
    Characters:  JudgeDeath
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  03/04/2020
    Characters:  TRID_Judgedeath
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff)

*Temporarily unlocked to provide official answers.

There is no reason for any extra "hostility" between the outfits or factions due to the FNO. People were crashing the events but they were free to do so, afterall its a free server and it was expected :)

So absolutely no need to get worked up about NC/VS/TR forces rushing the LIB and Galaxy rounds. They would have been better without the interruptions but atleast we got decent fighting especially with the galaxies.

No need for drama ... we shall be punishing the NC ingame for their failings ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice