Are you thinking about joining Trident?

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by ultimatox, Mar 3, 2013.

1. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

If the answer is yes, then you have come to the right place. This is the thread where you can ask us anything you would like to know about us and we will be sure to answer. :)

2. TheEtherealHawk

TheEtherealHawk Private
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  01/12/2013
    Characters:  EtherealHawk
    Other Games

Hello, I want to switch to Trident from my current outfit, is there any sort of trial run I need to go on before I become a Trident member?

3. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Donator

Nope, just log onto your character and join a public platoon run by us. We have one almost ever night so you should get be able to join one. Then just ask in platoon chat for an invite. We would be more than welcome to have you here. :D

4. Thank you, I'll see if a platoon is open tonight. Thanks for your help! :)

5. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private Donator

No problem, glad I could help. :)

6. tyberspace

tyberspace Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  19/03/2015
    Characters:  tyberspace
    Other Games

Looking for a Trident platoon tonight - looking to join. I seriously need to buy a mic tho.

7. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you online.

8. Raptarian

Raptarian Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  02/08/2013
    Characters:  Raptarian
    Other Games

Hi All,

Have been involved with you guys on your public platoons and had bags of fun. Hence myself and a buddy hope to join up in the very near future (more than likely tomorrow evening). Haven't been part of an outfit before so it's all new to me!

One question regarding voice comms - is it OK to just listen in for instructions but be mute?

See you soon!

9. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

it's all right to be mute. just when you join trident lead platoon ask to platoon chat invite to outfit, I'm sure someone of sergeants+ higher are online to invite you guys.

10. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

That's no problem at all mate, in fact it's sort of the norm, the only people that really need to be talking are your PL and SLs. See you on the battlefield, and once you've joined make sure to head to http://tridentoutfit.com/index.php/verification to activate your forum privileges. :)

11. JoeJay

JoeJay Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  25/07/2013
    Characters:  JoeJay
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  07/12/2013
    Characters:  JoeJay3rd
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  14/08/2013
    Characters:  Joe_Jay
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  25/03/2014
    Characters:  JoeJay
    Other Games

Aaaaand download Mumble and join us :)

12. Raptarian

Raptarian Private

Nice!

Cheers greatly for the info folks.

13. Hey everyone,

I'm currently the member of another Vanu outfit on Cobalt, but after a few really well-coordinated runs with Trident-led platoons I'm quite tempted to join you. The Trident officers I've had the pleasure of being led by recently were strict, communicative, and tactically aware, but still approachable (I can remember their names if they want to bask in the glory :p). Also a BIG point for me, none of them resorted to condescending remarks or foul language when fecal matter hit the rotating metal blades.

My question would be regarding the percentage of outfit members that are of this nature, as I know you have a lot of members and operate an open recruitment strategy (not a fault in the least). I hover somewhere between the "casual" and "hardcore" player camps, so ideally am looking for a group that is disciplined and gets things done, but at the end of the day doesn't take itself or the game too seriously.

I'm BR47 so have a reasonable amount of game experience. I would consider my combat ability above average but hampered by the specs of my laptop (FPS rarely exceeds 15). In-game I place an emphasis on swift and strict adherence to platoon instructions (waypoints and team chat), and fulfilling supportive roles as and when they are required (i.e. most of the time, as let's face it, most people hate playing as a medic). I also really want to get into squad and platoon leading in the future!

Sorry, probably should've mentioned at the start, I'm talking about the Planetside 2 division :D

CptSparda likes this.
  14. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

You'd be welcome here mate. :)

We have fairly strict policies on our PLs being friendly, we don't have skill requirements (anyone can start a platoon) but if it's advertised as TRID the leader needs a mic and knowledge of basic tactics.
    If the more serious type of gameplay is your thing, we run operations each week on Friday evenings (Vincentiusx heads them) and require tactically aware and skillful squad leaders, and we limit the platoons to TRID members only.

Being in our platoons ingame you'll probably only hear orders and other serious stuff as we have rules to keep general chit chat out of ingame platoon chat and instead have it in Mumble, so you'll see the less serious side of us if you get on Mumble and chat with us there while playing. :)

15. Thanks for the info! Sounds like you got things pretty well-figured :)

Still um-ing and er-ing over what to do with my current outfit, but I'll let you guys know either way!

16. slightjunky

slightjunky Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  22/07/2013
    Characters:  slightjunky
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  18/11/2013
    Characters:  Junky
    Other Games

My best advice would be to give us a try - if you have loyalties to your old outfit you could try to arrange a return invite if you dont like it here, or maybe bring the friends you like with you and decide as a group weather to stay or go.

No one at trident will think any less of you either way.

We are a huge outfit, so we are bound to pick up guys that you wont get on with - but like wise you will find guys that you do get on with. I guarantee it.

17. It'd just be me that'd be moving - the outfit I'm in at the moment is a fairly close-knit one. As I said I think I prefer the leadership style of the Trident officers I've seen so far. Though I do get on well with a percentage of the guys I currently roll with.

Just something I have to figure out for myself. Thanks for your responses :) Like I said I'll let you guys know what I decide to do!

18. ---> Cobalt - Terran Republic <---
    Name: iCptMorgan
    Class: Heavy Assault
    KD: 2.18
    I will spy and kill you o_O

19. TheMjKv2

TheMjKv2 Donator

[​IMG]

20. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant Donator

offtopic:
    @blackbloody; if you come to IRC and ask "anyone here?" then you wait 1 min and leave. do you see anything wrong here? just let IRC screen open to tabs so people can answer you.

people answered after 3 mins and it was pretty fast to irc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice