Andvari Battaru.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, Dec 27, 2013.

1. So on 26th(yesterday) we were at Andvari Biolab. Some yell bullshit directed at your guys (regarding ZOE spam and nerfs) even thought the last push was quite well executed on VS part. Sadly for VS. JEST/KAIN/BMGP were all defending there so it folded fairly quick. But we all know how hard it is to cap a 48+ defended Biofarm.

Anyhow i can't speak on everyone's behalf but since JEST Platoon was under my command I'm stepping up with the appologies and shit. Your friendly JEST Platoon Lead/Second Highest Ranking Officer/Overlord.

2. BlckJck

BlckJck Lieutenant
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  06/12/2013
    Characters:  BlckJck
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  31/01/2014
    Characters:  BlckJck103
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

I had a platoon at Andvari then. I'll admit i was so ill i was barely focusing on what i was supposed to be doing so i didn't notice anything going on in chat and any attention i had directed at the game was on trying to keep the South Bank A point from those streams of inbound Gals that you were throwing at us. But +1 for noticing it and coming forward I'd hate to see Vanu in any of my platoons doing anything similar (though I'm sure it's happened) much better to keep it at some banter and let us get back to shooting each other like civilised auraxians. :)

3. RocDarkstorm

RocDarkstorm Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  15/12/2012
    Characters:  RocDarkstorm
    Other Games

New players join all the time so there will always be ppl yelling bs from both sides, but I think its important we strive to keep our outfits respectable. Respect points to JEST for making this post.

4. CTMWood84

CTMWood84 Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Praetor
    Date Joined:  19/10/2013
    Characters:  CTMWood84
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  17/03/2014
    Characters:  CTMWood
    Star Citizen
    Cadet
    Date Joined:  02/01/2016
    Characters:  CTMWood
    Other Games

There's been a lot of talk recently about outfits / groups that are "not patricularly nice" (to paraphrase).

Eugenios, Your post reiterates the opinion of many of ours that JEST are generally a decent bunch :) :)

5. We aren't the nicest bunch but neither as cut and dry baddies as some of people portray us. Honestly non of the outfits are.

I specifically as someone who leads public platoon and relies on public players share a sense of respect for leadership that has to rely on "good enough for the job" and be inclusive of all rather than fall back on elitism. Since this is a free to play game and one that is heavily influenced by numbers, organisation and cooperation rather than raw skill.

Just dont go on PS2 Cobalt Subreddit. The stuff i say... Oih yo yoi!.

6. slightjunky

slightjunky Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  22/07/2013
    Characters:  slightjunky
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  18/11/2013
    Characters:  Junky
    Other Games

Yeah, most of us here would put Jest on the top of list of respectable opponents.

As for "good enough", that's not really the case.(and I think a common misconception about TRID) We could fill a platoon every night of the week with the numbers we have online, we run public platoons as a sort of service to the rest of vanu - in an attempt to organise the zerg a little better and help the newer players have a bit more fun.

I think it's hard for alot of people to get, but the leadership is entirely adult - and I think that maturity might be a big part of it. It's a state of mind, no-one cares about being the best.

7. I put my guys in the category of "good enough". It's not meant as an insult and we field platoons with 20-30 guys on TS3. It's where you can't rely on the guys to do 100% what and how you want it to but enough to achieve leadership control and cohension of platoon on respectable level 70% of the time.

Good to me is a concept completely foreign in Planetside 2. At least on Cobalt. So yeah props to Trident. Props for leading public platoons and dealing with all the limitations that come with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice