The Alliance Command

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by SethBloom, Mar 5, 2013.

1. SethBloom

SethBloom Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  27/09/2013
    Characters:  SethBloom
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

(This is just an idea, I need to know what you guys think)

I think this is a key to making the Vanu the most powerful faction on the server. By introducing the Alliance Command, we'll be able to cover even more ground, and spread our forces evenly.

[​IMG]

So now that Lithcorp has been merged with Cobalt, there are now two big ass Vanu Outfits, including many moderate sized ones.

The big ones are [OWND], who started out in Cobalt, and us, [TRID], who came from Lithcorp.

Trident and [OWND] operate in similar ways. We use the in-game voice communications to guide our platoons around. What we need to do is to figure out a way where we can get the outfits to communicate with each other. We can do this by adding another command hierarchy level.

In Trident, our command hierarchy goes like >Outfit Voice is used by platoon leaders to communicate with each other >Platoon Commanders tell what their squads are supposed to do and >Squad leaders tell what their squaddies to do, and update the waypoints. We'll just be adding one step above the outfit command, and call it the Alliance Command.

The Alliance Command will be different than the other commands. Only very high ranking members of the outfit can use it, and it won't be on the in game communcations (obviously). Instead it will be on a reserved teamspeak/mumble channel.

How will this be used, and what will it be used for? Information, and teamwork. If we are to have any chance capturing Indar, we will need to work together.

Example:
    [OWND] Check Check: We have two platoons fighting the Smurfs. Facing heavy resistance. Need help warpgating them. Over.
    [TRID] We have two platoons keeping the Redcoats warpgated. Will send a single platoon-wide galaxy drop to help you with the Smurfs. Over.

These voice commands need to be extremely brief, professional, clear, and precise to help decrease voice clutter and become more understandable. That is the problem with adding another command hierarchy, it will increase voice chatter.

Will there be a leader/super commander? No, it is unnecessary. We will just have a group of 5-6 people working together, one from each outfit, coordinating with each other.

2. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

We have already been using the ingame command channel for this exact purpose to great effect. I urge anyone who does squad leading to get the command channel cert to be able to participate in this.

3. SethBloom

SethBloom Private

Woopsies. Certing it now.

4. BeefWillington

BeefWillington Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  BeefWillington
    Other Games

Yep, this has already been happening. It's a fantastic tool, and the guys from OWND are great. Essentially, the platoon leaders all converse over leader chat (which is num pad 7 by default once you have certed it, it becomes available once you are squad leader). We captured Amerish in 25 minutes the other night by having one platoon take the west, one the centre, and one the right. It was fantastic :D

5. I can confirm from the OWND end of things that this is working well. However, sometimes the Leader chat system seems to be down or at least not showing up when you push the key (default numpad7 afaik).

Since the TR capped Indar early this morning we should cooperate to neutralise the continent by taking all TR territory ASAP.

6. Stachelkeule

Stachelkeule Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  20/12/2012
    Characters:  Stachelkeule
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  26/02/2015
    Characters:  Lexobaal
    Star Citizen
    Cadet
    Date Joined:  26/11/2013
    Characters:  Ironcloud
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  30/06/2016
    Characters:  Stachelkeule
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  05/11/2016
    Characters:  Zetiker
    Other Games

i wonder what weapon carry the guy in the picture, and why he has so big arms Oo btw good idea!

7. Actually I'd only primarily emphasise this for the platoon leaders. If we arn't carefull with 2 big outfits + Phantom & Iron Vanguard all operating off cobalt Leaderchat could get quite busy. At the moment it seems to be working very well, not too distracting and mainly only relevant information being passed around, we will have to see if more people start certing into it how that goes, although it is useful for the SL's to know what is going on at a higher level.

As for alliance command, I do think this is a great idea (esp if the [Command] gets busier), however I would suggest that it needs to be 3/4 of the major platoon leaders for each outfit else we will end up with the situation where not enough people are online to make usage of it!

And may I just take this moment to say, really enjoying working with you guys, it's been a blast!

8. Celliosh

Celliosh Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  23/03/2015
    Characters:  Celliosh
    Other Games

I believe most of our SLs won't be using the channel much, other than listening. Knowing what's going on is crucial for SLs as well, as it might cut down on well intentioned but needless suggestions about where we should move our platoon.

9. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Exactly. Also the fact that some of our PL's prefer to not also be SL at the same time. Hopefully they will fix this, but atm only SL's can use the command chat. Making sure that as many as possible SL's can forward the info gathered on Command to the PL can only be good.

10. Easy way of doing this. get a TRIDENT member inside an OWND platoon, and vice versa. those members will then relay information about what the other platoon is doing and where it is going, what objectives or ideas they have, what they will try through outfit chat! :)

just use "Break Break: OWND is pushing TR south. need help on the northwest, NC pushing up."
    :)

11. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

Good Idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice