Scarred Mesa Skydock.

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Eugenios, Jun 3, 2013.

1. So yesterday our 4 squads and some blues stood for good 30-45minutes at least against almost whole of VS from the looks of it.

Four VS platoons at the Mesa at least and reinforcements coming in from Tawrich in form of 2-3 more. While the rest of NC was pushing on the TR territory and only crikets could be heard at the VS/TR frontlines.

This was our 300 considering that at one point a good 20 zoe maxes dropped in span of 5 seconds flat and oblitererated our defence lines. But a good fight overal and good push on your side. I just wish we had at least one more organized platoon for support.

Also experianced a zoe push of 4+ maxes against organized squad of Jesters indoors with NC MAX support covering entry points. Zoe is amazingly versitile platform. Once a breach has been achieved it will oblitirate everything that stands in it's way.

I'm rolling with slug ammo AF-34 mattock's and while putting all rounds on target i'm still at great disadvantage against a VS max that has it's Zoe turned on. The damage i dish out is just not enough of a deterant in CQC where the NC max technically should rule supreme against other maxes Slugs or no slugs just for it's slower fire rate and magazine size being 6-10 rounds. When you're playing defensively the shield becomes a liability because it does not stop enemy from pushing on you. Just mitigates the damage and puts you in a position where you're getting zerged by heavies and ZOE's.

Slugs are awesome though just for the fact that nobody ever expects an NC max drop an infantry soldier at 50-100m range. Easy kills considering that people stand in the open trying to kill you only to get their shields dropped in first salvo and get killed in second.

Note: I'm not whining about the ZOE. Just think that you guys underestimate it's potential usefulness. Also our tankers have been saying that it can rip through vanguard pretty fast with relative personal safety since like the AV turret it's pretty small target to hit and has an extra mobility to it. Will need to experiance this myself though at some point to get an idea of how it plays out.

2. ShenR

ShenR Donator

Well, since i was leading 1 platoon i can do a good estimate from our side of the battle. There was only one TRID platoon and some blues fighting you guys at first. They called in our help to make a push against you guys, so it was more like 2 platoons and some blues against your 1 platoon and some blues at some point. Nowhere near the 4 platoons you are suggesting. You have to be realistic and this has been proven both ways multiple times, scarred mesa can not be taken in a 1-1 distribution of attackers/defenders, when the defenders are organized. We first did a galaxy drop, this was the first push from the second platoon. We held the point for a short time, but not long enough. Then my platoon went on to tawrich, to get the territories behind scarred mesa, so we could close you guys in. At that moment you were only fighting 1 TRID organised platoon and some blues i'm guessing. Once we got Red Ridge we pushed in for a second time. Now with enough sunderers to make a real push. This was the moment we organised a Max push with indeed around the 15-20 maxes + support and succeeded. It was a good fight, but the distribution was more like 60-40 at the point we managed to take control. On our side there were only 2 TRID platoons and some blues that might count for 2-4 squads. So saying we had 4 platoons + 2 or more coming from tawrich is a "little" bit of exaggerating.

Either way, nice fight and see you next time.

3. Ah sorry for being bit misleading i guess.

I'm not saying that we got hit by all of them at same time but fact remains that in 3 hex territory of Skydock, Tawrich and the Substation we had massive VS numbers 48+ in each hex with 12-24 at regent rock. NC multiplat at Tawrich loosing by around 20% to VS numbers meaning simply that you had more than 3 platoons in that hex too.

Bit before we were overun the composition was 70% VS 25% NC which was our single platoon and the blues. This makes it around 3.5-4 platoons in hex while additional troops were being pulled from the techplant. More than a platoon was remaining at the Tech Plant and at least one at the substation that is towords the arroye tore. The numbers pushing into our territory overal were huge.

I generally don't look at the friendly activity but always vigilant of enemy one. From my perspective things might look different i guess. The push was concentrated and we killed people faster than they would respawn yet the numbers that dropped on the landing pad remained equal of about 10 at a time every few seconds.

Also yeah, Mesa needs huge numbers to be taken from a single platoon and down right impossible from multiple platoons control since then the force can be divided by roles.

4. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Eugenios, if we were able to coordinate a 4 platoon assault on a regular public platoon night then you'd know about it because we'd gate both you guys and the TR at the same time. Most likely just the numbers messing up or you guys overestimating how many friendlies you guys had/overestimating how many we had. Even if we could get 4 full platoons running on a public night, we wouldn't put them all at one base, we'd split up and attack down different lattice lanes.

5. angeh

angeh Donator

confession to make ...., I kinda used the orders chat and said to attack scarred mesa :p

6. that was a good fight indeed.

7. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

lol, 2 TRID platoons and bunch of random platoons :cool:

8. angeh

angeh Donator

on another server (either miller or waterson) literally the whole faction (vanu) was there defending the lock against the tr and nc and the server very nearly died :p

9. TRID and EPIC bring large numbers to the game. I'm also not saying you coordinated it. But where big organized outfits go, the pubs will fallow. You have the luxury of numbers we dont.

It was one of those events when all of VS seemed to concentrate on the NC sector while almost all of NC was at Mao Tech. Almost whole of TR/VS front was 12-24 or less. All the NC/VS contestested hexes were 48+ enemies.

The weirderst part is that some people on NC think we're a zerg fit when we simply roll one platoon against the biggest force we can find with intent to crush it and clear the way for the blues to exploit it or hold of as much of strategically important zones as possible until the slowpokes start their counterpush.

I'm not blaming you or hating on it. Just jelly of the numbers.

10. TronManForever

TronManForever Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  03/01/2013
    Characters:  TronManForever
    Warframe
    Minecraft
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  04/02/2014
    Characters:  TronnyBoy
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  16/12/2015
    Characters:  M.Finigan
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  11/11/2016
    Other Games

your numbers are higher than ours, trust me , just your numbers are made of retards that got bored of vs/tr

11. We know we've got higher server population. We know we roll with the most innept of the blues out of all three factions. Jelly of the outfit player numbers.

I rolled in Angeh's platoon today and honestly speaking felt bit lack luster comms wise. Not sure if majority was on mumble during the amerish alert but the amount of radio traffic was fraction of what we experiance when the platoon is up. Hell, we've got to order to clear comms few times a day. But the numbers we nice. Within two hexes again over 3+ platoons worth of troops. Also angeh flipped a magrider on it's roof, jumped out and stood there obviously looking at the map like nothing happened. Something' i'm all too femiliar with minus flipping a vanguard on it's roof.

Not saying that we run tighter group, but we do. :p

12. angeh

angeh Donator

most of the comms we're being done on mumble :) plus i was only standing in at the time. We usually have the platoon leaders on mumble co-ordinating things on there. Yup looking at the map whilst driving /flying doesn't usually end well :p, also trying to communicate with other leaders/outfits whilst driving /flying never ends well either :D

13. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

We used to rape ingame comms with chatter and it was simply pointless and distracting to the regular players who simply want to be told where to go and what to shoot. As a result we do all of our tactical discussion on Mumble and reserve platoon chat for orders, etc.

You're welcome to jump on Mumble and have a chat with us (not in our tactical channels of course :p). If you want me to sort you out with a diplomatic Mumble access key then let me know.

14. Whatever works for you guys. We have all of the people on one channel basically to promote unity and have nice alternation between orders, discussion on all sorts of subjects and risqué humor.

Jesters are also one of the only platoons i've played with that when it comes to make the push is willing to throw K/D and farming oportunities out of the window entirely as we just grind against enemies, wearing them down while being in the vanguard of the blue assaults. The amount of times we've got to shout over proximity for a push when the blues are stuck at the stairs to a tower instead of flooding A is regular occurrence. Some don't like it but usually quite a few listen and a breakthrough is achieved. Being a Jester is like being a WW2 soviet infantry officer. First out of the trench, leading by example, fallowed by eternal rest and glory.

Granted it all depends on who's leading and how the platoon feels at that particular day though. We have really organized days and we have "Move to platoon marker, kill everything days."

I don't play the VS enough to warrant a mumble access really. If i alternate between the factions more at a later point i'll defenetly hop in. If you're got an NC character though. All are welcome to join our PLT really, especially if you get on our teamspeak as long as you maintain the situational awereness that you're deep in the most hated NC outfits territory. We have a bit of a reputation of saying horrible things over yell and killing friendlies who killed a platoon member intentional, then revive them, then kill them again untill he respawns elsewhere.

We've had some other outfit leaders from VS roll with us a couple of times. Fun times.

15. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Personally I don't have much time for suicidal attacks unless they're useful, otherwise you're just giving your enemy farming XP. If there's a problem pushing I much prefer to get 48 ZOE MAXs and run through the enemy forces annihilating them and camping them in the spawn. If it's a defense I'm more inclined to find Sunderer locations and have people drop on them with mines and C4. Best to use both at the same time so that the Sundy is screwed regardless of Blockade/Mine Guard.

16. Of course we read the situation before making a push. Just saying that when it comes to pushes our platoon seems to have awesome dedication to smother you with concentrated numbers.

To me TRID is most visible during scythe and magrider combat. Where NC fields 2-3 reavers there are generally 4-7 scythes. We also mostly play infantry for some odd reason thus i associate you with magrider pushes. Unless we organize a tank formation i avoid tanks like the plague.

Also Vanu Archives defence against TR and NC. No coordination between outfits as much as i know. We did that only once since server merge and that was right before lattice introduction. Ask either CaptainCardiff from Jesters or Vampire from Legion Condor. No idea if they'd bother answering your questions though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice