PS2 division joining problem and some advise

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by ZeroG249, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Hi guys. If this isn't the right place to post this then my apologies but my options are limited. I cannot 'join' the PS2 division because my screen name is already registered. This is true, I was TRID some time back and then some friends suggested I joined TFDN, they stopped playing a while back and I decided to join back in here. The problem is I cannot view posts in the PS2 division because now I cannot 're-join' the division because my screen name is already associated with someone (being myself) on Cobalt. I appeal to the admins/moderators to help with this issue of mine.

I am also seeking advise as to whether I should continue playing this game at all under my circumstances, which is that my best latency in game is generally 220+ and the worst well...in the hundreds of thousands. At 220 + game seems normal but it's at the micro seconds level that makes the difference. Enemies can see me and shoot at me many micro seconds before I start at them. This is an ok scenario where there are large fights or more people atleast (when I lag the most), because then I can catch someone unaware or atleast get a jump on them, but one-on- one I am shit because people already kill me before I can even get a shot off. I have confirmed this by asking enemy players who have killed me. In such situations it's like I am dead as soon as they see me without having a chance to react. The enemy players who have killed me like that have had pings of 40 to 60 ms in game verified by asking them of course. If anyone checks my kdr it's pretty shit at 0.38. Since 2014 I've been playing this game like that and it's starting to dent my determination to carry on. Unfortunately where I am there isn't any provision of a better connection. I really welcome honest opinions on this and any suggestions that people might have. Thank you.

2. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director
    PlanetSide 2
    Praetor
    Date Joined:  25/01/2014
    Characters:  Omnishoot1
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  27/12/2017
    Characters:  Vaulster
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Director (Staff)

Did you sign up on the Forums with another account before already? Maybe you should recover that one in that case. You dont seem to be registered on the Website with the account you used to make this thread. What do you mean by "screen name"? Your ingame name? Regarding your lag issue some people have switched to google dns which apparently improved their problems but I dont have much experience in that regard. Avoid playing on Indar which has a crazy high ping by default anyways.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    ZeroG249 likes this.
  3. TheCainer

TheCainer Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Officer
    Date Joined:  28/12/2012
    Characters:  TheCainer
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  13/08/2013
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  13/08/2013
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  19/12/2015
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Councillor (Staff) Donator

Like omnishoot says, log in to the old account you used before and which is already linked to your ingame name. You can use that account to rejoin the division and gain access to the forums (if you are already a member of the ingame outfit).

ZeroG249 likes this.
  4. Hi Omnishoot and TheCainer. Thanks for the response. Omnishoot, yes I meant ingame name which is what is shown here. The problem is guys I don't remember what details or email address I used while signing up the last time. I have too many email accounts, but I did try the obvious ones to log in before I registered under this alternate email address. Strangely it isn't letting me in either way.

5. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director Director (Staff)

I dont see zeroG249 in the ingame outfit. Are you sure you already joined. Maybe our admin can help you out.

6. TheCainer

TheCainer Councillor Councillor (Staff) Donator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice