Proposition to TRID

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by TigraXL, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SethBloom

SethBloom Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  27/09/2013
    Characters:  SethBloom
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

What about a flash race, where each team tries to get the most people to the finish line. The twist is, that you can use the weapons on your flash.

2. We already have racing events involving flashes, lightnings or prowler + support flashes.
    Currently they are outfit-only, but if the upcoming event shows high level of organization in both our outfits, we can come up with further events.

3. SethBloom

SethBloom Private

Yeah, we did the same 3 weeks ago. We had a platoonwide flash race from the VS warpgate to the TR warpgate, and the weapons went free after a certain checkpoint. Was really fun!

4. SteveAmtiskaw

SteveAmtiskaw Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  09/01/2013
    Characters:  SteveAmtiskaw
    Other Games

This may be slightly OT but stuff like this would make a good secondary use for a public test server. Keep badgering SOE folks.

5. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  16/08/2015
    Characters:  Deadlemon
    Other Games
    Donator

Sounds Awesome, would love to participate or spectate.

Would it not be more interesting with more than one squad playing. Something like a platoon or at least two squads.

6. BeefWillington

BeefWillington Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  BeefWillington
    Other Games

A platoon vs. platoon knife fight would just be rediculous xD. No Max's, no revives and no healing allowed of course.

7. TronManForever

TronManForever Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  03/01/2013
    Characters:  TronManForever
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Minecraft
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  04/02/2014
    Characters:  TronnyBoy
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  16/12/2015
    Characters:  M.Finigan
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  11/11/2016
    Other Games

This sounds like fun :p do it ^_^

8. Deadl3mon

Deadl3mon Private Donator

Gotta try platoon vs platoon knife fight to the death, funniest thing ever to watch. Screw fighting in it.

9. I hope everybody remembers we are having a match tomorrow :)
    Here is the list of TR soldiers participatig (hope you don't mind we used AOTR backup since our members were a bit reluctant to sing up for some reason):
    1. [7ADH] redphant
    2. [7ADH] mardmental
    3. [7ADH] Dafaceo
    4. [7ADH] RichardDawkinz
    5. [7ADH] Winterschmied
    6. [AOTR] Strumy
    7. [AOTR] BunkieBunk
    8. [AOTR] Mireck
    9. [AOTR] GeoMint
    10. [AOTR] Dragondrop
    11. [AOTR] KingArgone
    12. [AOTR] Cowking

Don't forget to bring at least some means of destoying casual aircrafts.
    We were thinking of high quality video recording, which implies getting a bit closer to action. The best idea so far if to have cameramen create NC characters (and be in match location as medic because of his outstanding armor). These could leave spectator zone to have some close-ups, though having a common sense and not putting themselves in the line of fire. What do you think about this?

I will send an additional PM with details to JudgeDeath. Too much NC around lately, you know :)
    If I need to duplicate it to someone else from Trident management, please tell me.

10. Celliosh

Celliosh Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  23/03/2015
    Characters:  Celliosh
    Other Games

Don't worry, we don't blame them. ;)
    Glory to Vanu!

11. SethBloom

SethBloom Private

We have reachground here. He's a great youtube video maker, video editor and camera man.

12. ultimatox

ultimatox Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  02/01/2013
    Characters:  No characters linked
    ultimatox
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  ultimatox
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

You guys could solve the problem by designating a particular armor camo to be cameramen only - say any kind of snow/ice camo. Participants are not allowed to wear it during the match, only cameramen. sigh.. wish I could be there :'(

13. Using Infiltrators with the HUD and weapons turned off (Ctrl F10, Ctrl F11) we could shoot some clean close-ups down the scope of the rifle from the spectator zone. Heavy assaults with 3.4x/4x/whatever scopes can get wider stuff and carry AA launchers.

14. Here comes the problem with not having at least 2-3 levels of quoting since I want to reply to both SethBloom and TigraXL.

Seth: Thanks buddy, I'll try to be there. Can't promise anything though. Knowing me, yeah I'll be online ^^. Just came back from buying a new harddrive. 3TB and hopefully it lives up to the rumours of 150MB/s write speed. Let's see tomorrow when I install it.

TigraXL: I can't see the benefit of rolling NC, how would that help? If it's just the colors then we could do as Ulti proposed. I only have one camo but can't remember which one it is atm. Tried to log in to check but the game seems bugged :/. Stuck outside. From my experience it's better to have a light assault to be able to move freely. The only thing beyond that would be to have a spectator as medic so he can revive me if I f***k up (likely). Too bad Ultimatox can't be there, he's also a great cameraman. Do you have someone on your side that will record? If so I will gladly exchange footage (Only 30 fps, 1080p, No HUD or weapon).

15. Well, we can do this if you wish. I think there must not be any game ruining confusions with this :)
    Good news: I was checking the location today and spent a lot of time there, there was no activity. Good for friday evening and promising for tomorrow's match. I just hope everybody holds fire while we are organizing everything.
    Edit: we will most likely have a recording person on our side, though I am not sure who it will be. Anyway, I will inform him about footage exchange.

16. Nice! Looking forward to it. Just installed my new hard drive and even though DxTory is stil F-ing with me Fraps runs so much smoother now.

Once the event is finished and we have a winner, would you mind posing for some footage? I have some ideas, like both teams running past me from their sunderer, one at a time. Perhaps some careful fighting with me in the center. Let's see when we get there. Just check if your guys would be interested. Hopefully the Trident peeps are interested as well.

17. Sure, anything to get a good video :)
    Also, can you guys post a screenshot from our today's meeting please :D

18. Thank you all for participating and being organised ^^
    I hope we will have more matches and fun together. Perhaps next time everything runs more smoothly, but this was good enough for the first time I guess :)

19. ok, well this went off topic pretty fast.

TBH my guys are begging to fight on another continent and are asking everyday how this is coming along.

I dont see this going anywhere.

Over at the Jesters, we have an outfit leader section, where i'd be more than happy to host continent clashes. we already have the three other NC outfit leaders in the leadership section Apply on the leadership application thread here

https://jestersnc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

20. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

Nothing wrong with our forum mate, I'll happily switch over to your forum if necessary but since we already have a large denomination of outfits here there's really no need. Don't start turning this into some sort of power play.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice