[Info]The mentor system - become a mentor here

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Omnishoot1, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director
    PlanetSide 2
    Praetor
    Date Joined:  25/01/2014
    Characters:  Omnishoot1
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  27/12/2017
    Characters:  Vaulster
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Director (Staff)

[​IMG]
    So a mentoring System has been in my mind for a long time. This is the official thread to start this.

What does a mentor do:

From Wikipedia:
    We can easily project this onto PS2: Someone who has experience in a certain area will teach their mentee the basics of that field and then help them improve and have a better experience in their field.

Why we do this now:
    The reason for why I want to choose exactly this type of teaching method is that it is arranged on a personal relationship which will make both mentor and mentee engaged for a longer time. We tried to get a new generation of leaders with our leadership trainings. Starting out to lead yourself needs either a good amount of confidence, dedication and being convinced of what you do for the outfit.

This is why we didnt gain much from it. With a mentor however people will get encouraged to try leading something with the mentor helping out and giving tips.

Implementation:

This system will be a 2 step system. Potential mentors can apply by making a comment below. The skills of these people will be tested over a short amount of time by the Trident staff. Then they will approved and added to the list below. Future mentees can pick their mentor from the list here: https://tridentoutfit.com/forums/index.php?threads/request-a-mentor.68427/. A mentor can decide the amount of his simultanious mentees and the time he will be doing mentorship for. 3 mentees and 2 months are the maximum. Mentors can plan trainings and meetings with their mentees autonomously which means that they dont have to talk to the Trident staff if they want to hold a special training.

Engaged mentors are marked red on the current mentorship list. Mentors with free spaces are marked green. The areas a mentor is currently teaching will be shown next to their name in the mentor list. You can request a mentor from mentors list by commenting below.

Mentoring will be taking place in private. It should ideally not take place during events.

Examples for fields that people can teach:
    • Squad leading (casual and advanced)
    • Platoon leading (casual and advanced)
    • Infantry (general infantry performance)
    • Vehicular combat: Magriding, Harrassing, Flying, Galpiloting (!), Flashdriving, general tanking, gunning vehicles etc.
    • Class specific training
    Fields might be added if a mentor makes a request

Trident staff and me hope many people will be taking advantage of this system!

Mentors and their fields of expertise:
    • Omnishoot1: SL casual (in public platoons) and advanced (tactical squads), PL casual(live play) and advanced (FNO + competitive), Magriding, Scythe, Galpiloting, Harrassing, Infantry, Heavy assault, Medic, Battlesundis
    • Zonalia: PL casual and advanced, Magriding, Gunning vehicles, General tanking (Lightning, Vanguard, Prowler) Engineer
    • Djupfryst: SL casual and advanced, Magriding, Harrassers, Flying, Infiltrator, Flashdriving, General tanking
    • Albink: Infantry,all classes except engi
    • Aigroti: SL, PL magriding
    Mentors waiting for approval:
    • Ghostya: Medic
    • Coolooser: Infantry, HA
    Current Mentorship:

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    CptSparda and Albink like this.
  2. Albink

Albink Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  30/05/2016
    Characters:  zamak1
    Jamdude1
    Albink
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  31/10/2016
    Characters:  sawdrthndfg
    Other Games

I would like to sign up to be a mentor.

I am a very experianced player within Infantry combat and I can mentor most classes, barring engi.

I dunno how I'd get tested, but uh, sure?

3. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director Director (Staff)

Well I will come back to you like tomorrow or so. Ill just check out what you would teach people. I think that you should be good for the job

Albink likes this.
  4. good luck. i love the idea!

5. TheGHOSTyA

TheGHOSTyA Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  27/06/2014
    Characters:  TheGHOSTyA
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  10/12/2015
    Characters:  TheGHOSTyA
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  15/09/2015
    Characters:  theghostya
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  05/11/2016
    Characters:  ZerythFTW
    Other Games

I can mentor for medic, but I'm not active enough.

6. Omnishoot1

Well as long as you spend enough time with your mentee

7. Scriese

Scriese Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  15/12/2012
    Characters:  Scriese
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  03/09/2014
    Characters:  Scry
    Other Games

How long will this system be around? I could mentor for Medic and Infiltrator, but right now I'm too busy. If this is active 2 months later, I'd be honored to offer my services.

8. Omnishoot1

There are no plans for stopping it anytime soon

9. coolooser

coolooser Private
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  28/03/2021
    Characters:  SirFapalot
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  12/04/2016

Hello my name is PraiseVS and I´d like to be a mentor in terms of infantry and class specific training (heavy assault). I am quite good at Infantry playing and I think I am ready to show the new players the stuff so they can have a better experience in Planetside.:D

10. Himhan

Himhan Sergeant
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/08/2017
    Characters:  Himhan
    Other Games

i would like to learn the way of the infil so acn i pick DJ as a mentor? and also SL

Albink and Zankastia like this.
  11. Omnishoot1

Alright Albink is an official mentor for general infantry play and infantry classes. If you want to learn about how to have better positioning, aim etc. hit him up.

Albink likes this.
  12. Snip3rScope

Snip3rScope Private
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  03/04/2016
    Characters:  Snip3rScope
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  14/06/2018
    Characters:  Snip3rScope
    Other Games

Hi. I would like if someone could teach me how to SL and eventually PL. I have some experience in SL-ing but not really good. Also I would like to be tought the ways of Heavy assault. So if there are mentors capable of both it would be the best. Thanks.

13. Omnishoot1

I would really like to take you under my wings but I am really busy with Serversmash right now. After 2 weeks I can probably do something unless another mentor wants to first.

14. aigroti

aigroti Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  07/11/2013
    Characters:  aigroti
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  29/03/2014
    Characters:  Aegroti
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  27/01/2014
    Characters:  Aig
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  15/12/2015
    Characters:  Aigroti
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  17/11/2016
    Characters:  Aigroti
    Other Games

I can mentor, main focus on Squad leading and potentially expanding into platoon leading. I'd like to teach the person the former first before moving onto the latter. I will focus mostly on making your squad cohesive and analyse the best use your squad could serve in a fight. After that we'll talk about where your squad should be on the map.

Can have multiple mentees but would do on a 1/2 to 1 system. Other people would simply listen if they still wanted to attend a session.

Can also do magriding but this would have be a personal request for me to help them.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. Fluffypuck

Fluffypuck Sergeant
    Other Games

@Albink, I just realised, you finally got your 'Adopt a scrub' program.

ThePanda16 likes this.
  16. Omnishoot1

17. ThePanda16

ThePanda16 Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  19/03/2015
    Characters:  ThePanda16
    Black Desert Online
    Date Joined:  05/11/2016
    Characters:  ThePanda16
    Other Games

i can try mentoring for SL and maybe PL ( though i might not be good enough for that)

18. Its ok dude. I can wait that long. Unless someone other says they would do it.

19. ShadyShots

ShadyShots Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  07/10/2013
    Characters:  ShadyShots
    ShadyShotz
    ShadyTR
    Other Games

Could mentor esf piloting but currently I only ever get to play like 2-3h a week. I will get back on this once I get more free time.

20. p3r3gr1n

p3r3gr1n Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  30/10/2015
    Characters:  p3r3gr1n
    ARK Survival Evolved
    Date Joined:  28/06/2016
    Characters:  p3r3gr1n
    Other Games

I suppose that I could try mentoring as a medic or sniper/stalker infiltrator. Not really that sure that I'd be good enough though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice