how to use team speak 3?

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by thelazerone, Nov 1, 2014.

1. I recently joined trident outfit, mostly for planetside 2.
    I downloaded the correct version of team speak 3 and ra the setup wizzard, after clicking the green button on the trident outfit home page,I synced my account from trident and connected to the server, I was met with a page of confusing names of (I guess) member names, I believe this is correct as I have seen it on some of the YouTube videos that claim to explain how to use teamspeak, although none of them cover how to use it or any of the vital aspects of the software, such as how to use it for connecting to your platoon and sqaud, ect.
    I hope someone can spread light on the confusion and that it is not just me bieng useless, thanks.

2. Omnishoot1

Omnishoot1 Social Media Director
    PlanetSide 2
    Praetor
    Date Joined:  25/01/2014
    Characters:  Omnishoot1
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  27/12/2017
    Characters:  Vaulster
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Director (Staff)

We are mostly using ingame comms if we want to communicate with platoon members. Pls (Platoon leaders) talk to each other in the platoon coordination channel. In the lounge we´re just hanging out talking and raging (at least me) about the game. Nevertheless you should always be on the teamspeak because it is clearly more fun to play with others that are not necessarily in a squad.

3. JackJack233

JackJack233 Ex-Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Date Joined:  23/12/2012
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  jackjack233
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  JackJack233
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Ex-Councillor (Staff) Donator

TeamSpeak is just a voice client, there are lots of different channels on our TS for various games. Simply double click on a channel to join it. There is no integration between TeamSpeak and Planetside, your PL/SL will just tell you to join a channel if they want you on TS.

In-game comms are very wonky lately so TeamSpeak is necessary to join a lot of squads since that's the only way for an SL to talk to his members and give orders.

4. Thanks guys I figured it out after a bit of random clicking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice