Battlefield 4 Review - Above and Beyond the Beta

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Reachground, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Wondering if it's worth investing your hard earned money in BF4? Here's my opinion:

2. NightmareAI

NightmareAI Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  01/02/2013
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  15/04/2020
    Characters:  NightmareAI
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016

Nice Review :) You make me wanna buy it. Now, make a review of Titan Falls when it comes please :D

3. DotHacker

DotHacker Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Centurion
    Date Joined:  02/02/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  24/06/2014
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  12/08/2013
    Characters:  Somebody23
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Date Joined:  28/09/2013
    Characters:  DotHacker
    Other Games
    Donator

awesome review

4. Thanks a lot guys! I'd love to play with more people from Trident. The few sessions I've had with our guys has been fantastic. Since we're used to teamwork and PTFO we rip the opponents and we don't need many people to do it.

The games announced at E3 will keep pouring in during 2014. Remember Brink? The game looked amazing and played like crap. I'll be following Titanfall myself to see if it's worth to buy. They certainly managed to build hype, the question is if they will deliver.

5. lillbabs

lillbabs Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  26/01/2013
    Characters:  lillbabs
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Characters:  lillbabs
    Other Games

accurate estimate :)

it's going to be a better game than bf3. I would be very surprised otherwise. I think there's a lot of changes that I don't think all people notice. especially since the hud icons and text are mostly the same as bf3 (at least in the beta), which I guess makes it feel like it's a tweaked bf3 for some. and some things you just don't change when it's working very well.

the thing that I like the least with bf4/3 is the lock-ons. it's boring. I think it's ok in ps2 (even though I would like them gone too) since it's easier to get away to repair on a giant continent. I wish they would scrap the present lock-on mechanics, maybe bring back tracer darts and just make the helis/jets a bit weaker somehow. I know, it won't happen. but at least the wire guided rocket launcher will be in bf4, right? that was the best thing in bc2 :)

6. Vincentiusx

Vincentiusx Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  06/02/2013
    Characters:  Vincentiusx
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  28/08/2013
    Characters:  Lord_Xebenkeck
    Star Citizen
    Commander
    Characters:  Vincentius
    Other Games
    Division Officer (Guns Of Icarus Representative)

I agree with lillbabs, locking on is a very boring mechanic and it made flying helis in BF3 the most boring thing known to man.
    beep beep beep - flares - retreat till your flares are back - go back - beep beep beep - etc...
    In BF4 it seems to be better at the moment, but the locking's still very odd and RPGs do way too much damage when a recon has designated the target.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice