The Third Annual Trid-O-Ween!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Djupfryst, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Djupfryst

Djupfryst Councillor
    PlanetSide 2
    Senior Division Leader
    Date Joined:  22/01/2013
    Characters:  Djupfryst
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  09/09/2013
    Characters:  DjupfrystC
    Minecraft
    Date Joined:  17/12/2013
    Star Citizen
    Ensign
    Date Joined:  23/01/2014
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  29/03/2016
    Councillor (Staff)

*Creaking Door* *Clanking Chains* *Skeletons* *Cobwebs* *Vincent Price*

Thaaat's right! It's time for the
    Third Annual (newly renamed) Trid-O-Ween-athon Anniversary Spooktacular!

[​IMG]
    Saturday 27th October! Starting at 17:00 UTC!
    Save the date!

We're also joining Nanites of the Living Dead at 19:00! See my second post for more info on that!

Well, can you believe it? It's been two years since we started watching movies together! And it's certainly been a wild ride! Summer camps, ninjas, robots, very short short shorts, kaiju, Neil Breen, cancer-infected snakes, martial arts-zombies, Cameron Mitchell, less-than-convincing Italian miniatures, a couple head-explosions, and lots and lots of gratuitous nudity! And this is where it all started, on Halloween! Seems appropriate, I guess.
    Ah, yes, I remember it like it was 24 months ago...
    Two years ago, in a thinly veiled attempt to introduce you people to the wonderful world of so-bad-it's-funny, schlock, and B-movies in general, I started a thread ostensibly asking for Halloween movie recommendations. Then I thought, what better way to show you these movies than to actually show you these movies?! After all, these movies are best enjoyed together!
    And thus, the Movie Night was born! We've been doing them regularly ever since, and they've been a great success!

But what horrors lie in wait for us this Halloween?
    Spooky mannequins? Devil-worshipping rock music? Frankenhookers? Bride of Re-Animator? Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers? Stuff?
    What horrors will be shown?! What scares will be had?! Will you shiver and shake?! Will you quiver and quake?! Do you dare find out?!

INDERSCRIBABLE, PARALYZING TERROR!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

IF YOU WATCH IT, YOU CAN'T UN-WATCH IT!!!

As always, I expect each and every one of you to be there! Saturday 27th! Probably starting around 17:00 or so! I will, of course, update this announcement when I have the precise time.

And then, of course, we're also getting close to Trident's 6th Birthday in early December! As per usual, we'll be celebrating in a big way! Including our big Trident Birthday Best-of Movie Night Marathon Extravaganza! So stay tuned for that!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry. All you have to do is to get on TS, click the link, and enjoy the stream.
    For more info and updates about our Movie Nights, check out the official thread!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Himhan and SVA like this.
  2. XX088 vimorain

XX088 vimorain Private
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  28/04/2018
    Characters:  XX088
    Other Games
    Date Joined:  28/04/2018

hmm! how about Sharknado 1 to 3 ?

3. alienbrain

alienbrain Sergeant
    PlanetSide 2
    Legionary
    Date Joined:  04/06/2015
    Characters:  alienbraininsertedTroopa
    Other Games

How does it feel to get raped by a movie, you say ? Join and find out for yourself !

4. Zash

Zash Lieutenant
    PlanetSide 2
    Officer
    Date Joined:  07/12/2015
    Characters:  ZashIN
    Warframe
    Date Joined:  21/07/2018
    Characters:  ZaashIN
    Star Citizen
    Date Joined:  14/10/2018
    Characters:  ZashIN
    Other Games

Will we be joining Nanites of the Living Dead more or less spontaneous with the present people or as on outfit with (fixed) number of people? I am asking because of the Jaeger accounts, which have to be requested (on the day or before), right?

If you want to request the accounts earlier: I am in :D (not sure if I can make it as early as 17 UTC for the whole movie(s), though)

5. Djupfryst

Djupfryst Councillor Councillor (Staff)

Was supposed to be a link in there, obviously. Don't know why it got removed. Fixed now though.

As for the accounts, I figured we'd request as an outfit with as many people we've got at that time. If it's ok, I'll ask for as many accounts as I think we'll need. If anyone shows up later, they can request individually.
    At 17:00 I think we'll start a sort of warm-up thing, as they do on the Reddit marathons. I'll either show some clips or Halloween episodes of some shows or perhaps some "lighter" movies, so to speak. The main event starts after the Nanites thing. I don't know for how long that'll run, but I expect one to two hours. A bit later than I'd like, obviously. But myeah, we'll make due.

In other words, yes, the Movie Night warm-up will also serve as the group-up for the Nanites event. If you want me to get you an account, that's where I'll be, and that's the channel we'll be using once it starts. If you're late, I might have some spares, or you can just ask for an account yourself. I doubt they'll run out, so don't worry about that.

Eeeh, you know what? I should probably make add a second event for the Nanites thing. Didn't fit in the title. :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice